Where’s the best place to buy worms for fish consumption

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
Not sure why more folks don't culture their own worms instead of buying them, least of all from Wal-Mart, a place that treats its employees including veterans like crap and fish that it sells even worse...

Having a constant, handy source of free, safe, nutritious food for my 50+ tank fishroom ... and not having to have paid for live or frozen food for the past several years... has been as easy as having a rubbermaid composting bin in my garage and dropping kitchen waste into it (instead of the trash)... and grabbing them out as needed.

You can order some starter red wigglers (AKA composting worms) from Uncle Jims or look on Craigslist for a local source. It's really that easy.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Not sure why more folks don't culture their own worms instead of buying them, least of all from Wal-Mart, a place that treats its employees including veterans like crap and fish that it sells even worse...

Having a constant, handy source of free, safe, nutritious food for my 50+ tank fishroom ... and not having to have paid for live or frozen food for the past several years... has been as easy as having a rubbermaid composting bin in my garage and dropping kitchen waste into it (instead of the trash)... and grabbing them out as needed.

You can order some starter red wigglers (AKA composting worms) from Uncle Jims or look on Craigslist for a local source. It's really that easy.
Well,if I needed that many worms I would go the culturing route but I don't. I mentioned Walmart as a possible quick source aside from a bait shop or waiting until it rains to pluck them up from a walkway.I don't want to get into how Walmart treats it's employees but they can always seek employment elsewhere if conditions are so bad.

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
OP sounds like he needs more than a few worms.

Hard for a veteran to "seek employment elsewhere" if they deployed and Wal-Mart failed to give them their job when they got back (per the The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act). Reason #2,845 that I don't shop there.

Well,if I needed that many worms I would go the culturing route but I don't. I mentioned Walmart as a possible quick source aside from a bait shop or waiting until it rains to pluck them up from a walkway.I don't want to get into how Walmart treats it's employees but they can always seek employment elsewhere if conditions are so bad.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
OP sounds like he needs more than a few worms.

Hard for a veteran to "seek employment elsewhere" if they deployed and Wal-Mart failed to give them their job when they got back (per the The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act). Reason #2,845 that I don't shop there.
Look,if you want to make yet another thread bashing Walmart go right ahead,no need to clutter up this guy's thread.

Reactions: cigars

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
The OP asked where the best place to buy worms is.

The morals, ethics and business practices goes into where I buy stuff and recommend where others buy stuff (including worms).

I couldn't in good conscience recommend a vendor that treats its livestock - and employees - as poorly as Wal-Mart does.

Do the morals, ethics and business practices of a vendor influence whether you purchase from them or recommend them to others?

Look,if you want to make yet another thread bashing Walmart go right ahead,no need to clutter up this guy's thread.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The OP asked where the best place to buy worms is.

The morals, ethics and business practices goes into where I buy stuff and recommend where others buy stuff (including worms).

I couldn't in good conscience recommend a vendor that treats its livestock - and employees - as poorly as Wal-Mart does.

Do the morals, ethics and business practices of a vendor influence whether you purchase from them or recommend them to others?
If the op's fish need to be fed then the best place to get their food is from whoever has it when he needs it and how convenient the location is to him travelwise.That might or might not be a Walmart in his/her case.
You seem to have had at least one bad experience with the retail giant and that's unfortunate but as I have already said,I am not going to go back and forth with you about them.We have both replied to posts in this thread and made our points and I am done here.

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
You really didn't answer the question.

I wouldn't buy stuff from a vendor that treats its livestock badly...even if it were convenient. It's not like there is only one place to buy worms ;)

If the op's fish need to be fed then the best place to get their food is from whoever has it when he needs it and how convenient the location is to him travelwise.That might or might not be a Walmart in his/her case.
You seem to have had at least one bad experience with the retail giant and that's unfortunate but as I have already said,I am not going to go back and forth with you about them.We have both replied to posts in this thread and made our points and I am done here.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
You really didn't answer the question.

I wouldn't buy stuff from a vendor that treats its livestock badly...even if it were convenient. It's not like there is only one place to buy worms ;)
I know I didn't and I don't intend to because I don't have to....and you are repeating yourself,take your Walmart gripes elsewhere....no emoji needed here.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store