Where did you buy your Frontosa

Evofish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
SC
10 year bump. Any good vendors over the last decade?

Phuran

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2016
Northern Indiana
10 year bump. Any good vendors over the last decade?
If you live in the USA, look into cichlid and herpes, also possibly davesfish he should be able to get you them. Also southeast cichlids. If cyphos was still up that would be a great place to get them from hobbyist

CorknBottle

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
I'm making a come back after being gone so long and super upset Cyphos is down. Also seems like Frontosa.com doesn't get too much action either..

This comeback is going to be tougher then I thought

punman

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2016
I have bought most of my Tanganyika fish (including frontosas) from Spencer Jack in Winnipeg. Very happy with my purchases but don't know if he ships to USA.

neutrino

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2013
Mid-Atlantic, US
I'm making a come back after being gone so long and super upset Cyphos is down. Also seems like Frontosa.com doesn't get too much action either..

This comeback is going to be tougher then I thought
Cyphos.com died a long, slow death. The simple summary is it was neglected first by one owner, almost died until it was sold to another guy who started out great but eventually also neglected it. Site sponsors and mainstays of the site dropped off progressively, it stumbled along on life support for a few years, before it shut down-- overdue hosting fees, etc. I was there to the end. Too bad. A huge volume of quality information, research, breeding advice, support for a popular niche in the hobby, etc. was lost.

Frontosa.com is its own story. Another simple summary is a few refugee malcontents from cyphos got together, rejuvenated an old site, and had ambitions to rival cyphos.com and conquer the world. It went reasonably well... for a while.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store