Which fish are easier to keep: firemouth cichlids or convict cichlids?(Also please give tips lol)

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Okay, I'm being suggested a lot of different fish lol.
Lol probably because the convict will end up a little big for a 29, it is doable but not ideal. Just research the suggestions and pick what you like. If you like the convict go for it. Like I said it’s not ideal tho but not a sin either

Username...

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2021
Lol probably because the convict will end up a little big for a 29, it is doable but not ideal. Just research the suggestions and pick what you like. If you like the convict go for it. Like I said it’s not ideal tho but not a sin either
Okay, since the convict is not ideal I would probably need to do some extra maintenance so I might as well pick a different suggestion.

Reactions: Jexnell

Username...

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2021
Ok, but I'm starting to think about the pearl cichlids and the african red eye tetras. Any suggestions for those?

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
The Pearl cichlid would get bigger than the Con so a non starter.
I mentioned the African Red eyed tetras as dithers for Jewel cichlids. They are from the same areas in the Congo River, and don't get as huge as Congo tetras that I think would outgrow a 29.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store