Which is the most aggressive SA/CA cichlid in your experience/opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cichlomaniac

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2017
I would say convict.. "if they got bigger than 6" that is" but it's not. Therefore I vote the dovii, big fish ,big teeth, big additud
Second IMO is the Black Nasty (Nandopsis Hatian) never owned one and don't want to, to much nasty in one package

Cichlids-r-beasts

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
I would say convict.. "if they got bigger than 6" that is" but it's not. Therefore I vote the dovii, big fish ,big teeth, big additud
Second IMO is the Black Nasty (Nandopsis Hatian) never owned one and don't want to, to much nasty in one package
Convicts are just territorial imo. Given enough space they'll live with other fish just fine. I have a female convict in a 125 gallon and she is not aggressive, she just chases away any fish that approaches her hiding spot.

Cichlomaniac

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2017
Second IMO is the Black Nasty (Nandopsis Hatian) never owned one and don't want to, to much nasty may I change that to breeding convicts
Convicts are just territorial imo. Given enough space they'll live with other fish just fine. I have a female convict in a 125 gallon and she is not aggressive, she just chases away any fish that approaches her hiding spot.

Tony A.

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2016
Never had a Dovi or Umbe. But mine was a dinner plate size male black belt with wife and kids

Cichlids-r-beasts

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
They can be a little aggressive with fish that won't stand their ground but nowhere near most aggressive, at least mine wasn't. O had a jack that would take nothing from of him. The jack ruled the tank
I heard that true green terrors actually live up to their name. Gold saums are generally peaceful, they're more assertive than aggressive imo.

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
I heard that true green terrors actually live up to their name. Gold saums are generally peaceful, they're more assertive than aggressive imo.
Coming from someone with butti in his profile pic... It is not American though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store