Which is the most aggressive SA/CA cichlid in your experience/opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jagsndoviman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2005
michigan
snakehead not from america and a pair is another story i have a small black nasty Nandopsis haitiensis have heard about them being as the name states nasty and for size i would say Neetroplus nematopus lil pitbull teeth like a trigger

SiestaSkyy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2006
Brooklyn, MI
ya, i forgot about the whole american thing... im still going with my orange pikes. i might have said my hatian but of corse you know what happened to him. even my new orange pike takes on fish 10x his size. he fights pinchy. bites him in the eye balls... must hurt pinchy runs like a little girl. hes been bitin my other fish latly too.

Filthy Sanchez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Convicts are pretty mean especially in numbers I had three in a 300gal tank, they were the smallest things in the tank yet the toughest. However if there'd only been one of them it would've been a different story. If this weren't restricted to America Hemi-Elongatus would get a vote. Be it new world cichlid I'd say many species of Pikes are vicious.

mfm1975

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2005
michigan
If you ask me (remind you I just had to pull a dovi out of my tank because it was getting f@$@ed up by this fish like 20 min ago) it might have to be the black belt.
mine is super aggresive and totally nasty. or the midas those fish are just bullies

Motag 7

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2005
illinois
dovii, umbee, motag, beani.............. its really hard to tell who is the most aggressive, everyone has their own experiences, mine are not in that order, but one guy said that his blackbelt beat up a dovii, thats one dovii, oscars shouldn't even be in this discussion, convicts have more of a right, even neets. this question is psoted on evry cichlid forum in the land like every two months the evidence is inconclusive to reall say who is the baddest. it is all personal experiences. I'v e had a dovii that ripped the **** out of some RT's and midas', they were all a foot long or bigger. Now as far a blackbelt i would love to see a full grown alpha male swim with a 14" + dovii, umbee, motag, haitensis, RT, or Midas, etc....... Blackbelts don't have what it takes, i had one and a Jack Dempsey picked on it, but then again that is my experience, and i've only had one, and from what i've heard many people have said comperable things to what i've said

Reactions: chimonky

SiestaSkyy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2006
Brooklyn, MI
evilxyardxgnome said:
I know, but I was questioning why someone would mention a snakehead if this was the baddest south american cichlid discussion. Anyways are they not a type of african pike though?
like i said in my 2nd post i forgot about the whole american cichlid thing. thats why i said snakehead. in that post i also said i changed my vote to my orange pike. im not an ass, just forgetfull.

JAGUARCICHLID

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2006
WEST VIRGINIA
I would say the jaguar but i'm biased as i have 2 of them, also 2 oscars and theres just no comparsion as the smaller jag was bullying the bigger oscars. The large one i have ( 12'') hates them had to put him in his own tank. Also had him with a large channel cat that he would go out of his way to harass. For some reason though now that he has his own tank he gets along fine with 2 small albino channel cats and 3 asian cats and has always buddied up with a large black shark. They seem to only pick on fish that are bigger than they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store