Which of these 2 flowerhorn would you get?

Bassmaster360

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
I'm trying to decide between two ~4" flowerhorn (see pics below). It's really a coin-toss for me at this point. Which one would you get and why? I only have space for one so don't say both haha. I think both are very high quality and possible masterpiece/champion material depending on how they grow, but masterpiece/champion is a term used so freely by folks including myself. The price of both are similar and not a prohibitive factor for me in deciding. Please judge based entirely on subjective aesthetics.

1650664466453.png
1650664380256.png

MetalRavioli

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2022
Massachusetts
azariah.wikidot.com
Personally, I'd say number 2. I don't know why, he just looks like a fine, distinguished lad.

But if you want more aesthetics based, look at the colors of the tank you have/are planning to have for this young lad, and see which colors contrast with them the best!

Bassmaster360

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
Personally, I'd say number 2. I don't know why, he just looks like a fine, distinguished lad.

But if you want more aesthetics based, look at the colors of the tank you have/are planning to have for this young lad, and see which colors contrast with them the best!
fine, distinguished lad... I love your description!

• Love
Reactions: MetalRavioli

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
Agree on #2. Bodyshape/form + finnage is just superior. The underbite on #1 will get worse over time. Also agree with FINWIN on those seeming a dime a dozen. Don’t get me wrong, #1 still has its credit it’s obviously an attractive fish but for an SRD it’s nothing special imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: MetalRavioli

Bassmaster360

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
Despite popular opinion, I've gone ahead and went with #1. I'm partial to deep red coloration on flowerhorn... my favorite strain being Super Red Dragon (which #1 is while #2 looks like some sort of Kamfamalau?). I'll post progress/growth pics in the coming months, stay tuned!

Bassmaster360

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
Despite popular opinion, I've gone ahead and went with #1. I'm partial to deep red coloration on flowerhorn... my favorite strain being Super Red Dragon (which #1 is while #2 looks like some sort of Kamfamalau?). I'll post progress/growth pics in the coming months, stay tuned!
Sounds good? and for sure keep us updated and let us know how this vendor works for you. I’ve been curious about this particular vendor in the past.

Reactions: Bassmaster360
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store