Which one of these rare fish should I get?

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
You're right....... 8 inch wide bar in a 75 will be just fine.......

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Get em all.The thinbars are out there I just got two a few weeks ago,the eartheaters will be a nice color contrast and they are peaceful.They need the right substrate so they can live up to their name.Meanwhile you can enjoy these fish and save up cash for the Holy Grail of dats.......and another tank.

Eamiles

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
Lafayette, IN
I personally think that red humps are hideous so I would go with one of the dats. Unless you have a ton of money I would get the thin bar, but I am not too picky. Most people I know think that the thick ones look way better but meh, not my tank.

justslide11

Feeder Fish
Oct 8, 2008
Atlanta, Georgia
OMG, thanks for all the responses!!

After reading through all the input, I would LOVE to get the widebar, but noticed they can get up to 24 inches! I don't even think my 150 Gallon tank in the living room would be sufficient to keep him in with all the other fish.

I just got a new 75 gallon tank for my bedroom, and have no problem getting a bigger tank in the future... however, for space reasons in the bedroom, I would rather not go larger than 100-120 gallons.

I have decided to go with the thinbar's.... thanks for all your input guys (and gals).

If you see any for sale, please be sure to let me know. Before I posted this thread I did see the widebar, and was highly interested in that one, and the thinbar's I saw for sale are already sold... so unfortunately, I'm out of luck with the finds I thought I had.

Great site, awesome input guys!

Druu

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2007
Notre Dame, IN
justslide11;2292948; said:
OMG, thanks for all the responses!!

After reading through all the input, I would LOVE to get the widebar, but noticed they can get up to 24 inches! I don't even think my 150 Gallon tank in the living room would be sufficient to keep him in with all the other fish.

I just got a new 75 gallon tank for my bedroom, and have no problem getting a bigger tank in the future... however, for space reasons in the bedroom, I would rather not go larger than 100-120 gallons.

I have decided to go with the thinbar's.... thanks for all your input guys (and gals).

If you see any for sale, please be sure to let me know. Before I posted this thread I did see the widebar, and was highly interested in that one, and the thinbar's I saw for sale are already sold... so unfortunately, I'm out of luck with the finds I thought I had.

Great site, awesome input guys!
There are thinbars on the coasts. sticky has them in new england, and the aquarium manufacturer has them in so cal.

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
If your wide bar outgrows a standard 120 (4x2 footprint) then you can sell that fish for $1000s!!! IF you really wanted to drop the coin on a wide bar, you can always upgrade tank or EASILY sell the fish for a ton of money when/IF it gets too big. STs grow SLOW and an 8-10" fish would be fine for a few year at least.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store