United states of America
that was a great video of your gray.

zackxf

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2009
Washington
flickr.com
We have a an African Grey that my wife was given before we were married. It's a rescue bird, so it has some issues. The larger parrots will more likely be louder, and smarter. They need a lot more time and interaction than some other birds, plus more space. They really do have the intelligence of a child. They can talk, ours understands context, not just mimicking. If they get bored, they can get incredibly destructive, to themselves and to their surroundings, as in you and your house. They will generally get along good with most people, although some birds have issues with different genders. They will really attach to one person. And it's likely that that person will change once or twice as it matures.

It is totally worth the time and effort for us. Ours is part of our family just like Red Devil said.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
zackxf;3540950; said:
Here a couple pictures of our Grey, Pongo.

My wife took this one;
oh he is beautiful........... just gorgeous

M|L

the asian
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2005
MY LITTLE WORLD
www.facebook.com
Senegal parrots are relatively quite compared to conures and they're great beginner parrots that I'm sure you'll love.

Senegals are also independent, so they're not as needy as African Greys, and they're pretty small like a conure so you won't need a huge cage.

Over all, they are the best for your needs.

Cichlidarowana

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2009
SoCal
If you want to stay within the parrot family, Try a princess of wales, they are gorgeous and quiet making nice sounds no squacking. They are Bigger than a cockatiel smaller than an amazon. Amazons and especially macaws are super loud as are cockatoos. Try silkie chickens, they get very tame and do not look like chickens and many people have them as pets they look like they have fur or hair not feathers. Good luck

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
VLDesign;3541394; said:
Personally, birds were blessed with the gift of flight; And, I just couldn't justify taking that away from soemthing for my own amusment or pleasure. Birds aren't meant to be in cages.

So get an Ostrich.
He is cute.. yes, i believe that too.. i never cut my guys wings ..they all have a chance to fly through the house everyday.. they need the exercise.. just always make sure it is a safe time when no one will be opening or closing doors etc..

Jeox

" I got monkeys in me! "
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2006
VLDesign;3541394; said:
Personally, birds were blessed with the gift of flight; And, I just couldn't justify taking that away from soemthing for my own amusment or pleasure. Birds aren't meant to be in cages.

So get an Ostrich.
I have always wanted to do that. Move out to the country, and keep an emu. In the house. With an ''emu door'' to go outside. lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store