White germs in my arowana tank please help !!!

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Look like planaria. Increase ur tank maintenance and remove any leftover food. Should be gone but if not they are harmless.

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
Hello; I can see a 90% WC but there is a risk to going that big all at once. Sometimes better to work up to the bigger WC.
Well, 70-80. That tank looks bad. As long as you use Prime and don't have a temp. spike and the filter is bio loaded I would do a max water change.

skjl47

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Well, 70-80. That tank looks bad. As long as you use Prime and don't have a temp. spike and the filter is bio loaded I would do a max water change.
Hello; The caution about going to a big % WC is for those who have not been doing them before. If only small % WC been the norm then a sudden big WC can be a problem. Can have big pH swings and such. Might be safer to build up to high % WC over a few days.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I don't know what exactly what it is please helpme.
I'll certainly try.....do a sizable water change,as was previously suggested,vacuum the gravel for broken down waste matter,wipe the interior glass with a sponge or cloth and clean out your filter.
While I am not exactly sure what those creatures are I suspect they are a harmless sort whose presence is usually associated with less than pristine aquarium conditions.

Swaroop gadekar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2019
Pune,India.
I'll certainly try.....do a sizable water change,as was previously suggested,vacuum the gravel for broken down waste matter,wipe the interior glass with a sponge or cloth and clean out your filter.
While I am not exactly sure what those creatures are I suspect they are a harmless sort whose presence is usually associated with less than pristine aquarium conditions.
Should I add rock salt and increase temperature?more than normal?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Should I add rock salt and increase temperature?more than normal?
No,I don't see a need for those measures.In case I missed it could you give a description of your tank......size,filtration,number of fish and feeding schedule?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store