Who has other hobbies?

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
video games, fish keeping, working out, and....that's more or less it. When I was younger I messed around in the parkour game for a while, got pretty good too...being able to scale a wall like spider man was a pretty good feeling, paid for it all later when my knees stopped working right haha

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
.....and to think all this time I thought your screen name referred to dirtbikes lol.
I don't see many SRT Neons around here but that might be because I don't give any neons that I do see a second look when one rolls by...
Neons.... Nobody ever sees them coming. lol. You can hear them though, hard to muffle 20-30lbs of boost in any vehicle. Did you see the vid of Neon making a mockery of that Hellcat? That thing didn't even have an aftermarket turbo. When the SRT Neon came out it held the 2nd fastest 0-60 time of any vehicle the Chrysler corp had ever made up to that point in time next only to the Vipers. I just switched mine over to E85 and sure enough first time I layed into the clutch slipped. Night and day difference when you put one of these lil monsters on corn..... Was told the clutch wouldn't hold for 2 tanks of gas.... lol With the clutch fixed it should run right up there with the older SRT Magnum/Challengers. Once I get back that itch I imagine some of my fish will be in the classifieds as I can't wait to bolt on a real turbo, I want to see the look on the face of the guy who just had a mid life crisis, bought an 80K+ $ "strongest muscle car ever built" and still winds up getting passed by a Neon. Or the neon that pulls out to pass and does so while spinning..... lol. Power of the skittle.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Neons.... Nobody ever sees them coming. lol. You can hear them though, hard to muffle 20-30lbs of boost in any vehicle. Did you see the vid of Neon making a mockery of that Hellcat? That thing didn't even have an aftermarket turbo. When the SRT Neon came out it held the 2nd fastest 0-60 time of any vehicle the Chrysler corp had ever made up to that point in time next only to the Vipers. I just switched mine over to E85 and sure enough first time I layed into the clutch slipped. Night and day difference when you put one of these lil monsters on corn..... Was told the clutch wouldn't hold for 2 tanks of gas.... lol With the clutch fixed it should run right up there with the older SRT Magnum/Challengers. Once I get back that itch I imagine some of my fish will be in the classifieds as I can't wait to bolt on a real turbo, I want to see the look on the face of the guy who just had a mid life crisis, bought an 80K+ $ "strongest muscle car ever built" and still winds up getting passed by a Neon. Or the neon that pulls out to pass and does so while spinning..... lol. Power of the skittle.
That's all very impressive ....kind of reminds me of a streetbike at the stop light waiting for green,small light and fast but I'll opt for a SRT8 Chally.I'm a bit too big to be climbing in and out of a Neon lol.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
What's the power difference between the E85 and premium?

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
That's all very impressive ....kind of reminds me of a streetbike at the stop light waiting for green,small light and fast but I'll opt for a SRT8 Chally.I'm a bit too big to be climbing in and out of a Neon lol.
I don't blame you there, a neon is still a neon. Work is around a 50 mile round trip so I need something that gets better then Hemi mileage.

I got this thing cause I've always been intrigued with Turbos and didn't really understand them. Hopefully this will rekindle my need for speed and motivates me enough to get my Iroc going again. Has been sitting in storage for 13+ years.

What's the power difference between the E85 and premium?
I've never dyno'd the car but have heard gains around 80HP and 100lb/ft of torque depending on tuning. I'm still new to all this but I do trust the guy that's doing the tune for the car. I can't wait to get a 6 puck stuck in the thing, will be interesting to see how much quicker it is when its not slipping.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
I don't blame you there, a neon is still a neon. Work is around a 50 mile round trip so I need something that gets better then Hemi mileage.

I got this thing cause I've always been intrigued with Turbos and didn't really understand them. Hopefully this will rekindle my need for speed and motivates me enough to get my Iroc going again. Has been sitting in storage for 13+ years.

I've never dyno'd the car but have heard gains around 80HP and 100lb/ft of torque depending on tuning. I'm still new to all this but I do trust the guy that's doing the tune for the car. I can't wait to get a 6 puck stuck in the thing, will be interesting to see how much quicker it is when its not slipping.
Lol, now you'll have to worry about the tranny itself, and axles right?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Lets see that neon,post some pics.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
I've had so many hobbies over the years that it got to be a bit ridiculous. So, I quit all hobbies that didn't support everything else. I've been digging dinosaurs and fossils for over 40 years (went on digs in 66 countries and all through the US). I cut gemstones. I'm into cabinet making and woodwork (scroll saw and intarsia). Have a large signed vinyl album collection. And, a fair collection of signed 1st edition books. As time permits, I fish and scuba dive, too. And, I've gone on many fossil collecting dives for megalodon teeth (and whatever else I was lucky to find). My wife and I are scratch cooks and try several hundred new recipes each year.
Though more of a tradition than a hobby, my family goes snorkeling every March with the manatees in Florida. My mother never learned to swim so she stay's on the boat. But, my 79 year old father still dons a wetsuit and gets in among the manatees with our family group.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
I've had so many hobbies over the years that it got to be a bit ridiculous. So, I quit all hobbies that didn't support everything else. I've been digging dinosaurs and fossils for over 40 years (went on digs in 66 countries and all through the US). I cut gemstones. I'm into cabinet making and woodwork (scroll saw and intarsia). Have a large signed vinyl album collection. And, a fair collection of signed 1st edition books. As time permits, I fish and scuba dive, too. And, I've gone on many fossil collecting dives for megalodon teeth (and whatever else I was lucky to find). My wife and I are scratch cooks and try several hundred new recipes each year.
Though more of a tradition than a hobby, my family goes snorkeling every March with the manatees in Florida. My mother never learned to swim so she stay's on the boat. But, my 79 year old father still dons a wetsuit and gets in among the manatees with our family group.
Hey great seeing you in the lounge Oddball!! :D I bet you have one of those houses I could spend all day checking out things on your shelves, you gotta post some pictures! :D
What do you have in your signed vinyl collection??

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
I'll have to dig them out. I lost the pics I had when my old PC crashed. I had pics on MFK but those posts were lost with the crash several years ago.
I have bands like Rush, Heart, Pat Benatar, Black Sabbath, Chicago, Earth, Wind,& Fire, Moody Blues, Elton John, Van Halen, SuperTramp, Kiss, Santana, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Wings, Genesis, Cream, Eric Clapton, Queen, Queensryche, etc. And, some esoteric titles like Carol Burnett, Blues Brothers, Bill Cosby, Rodney Dangerfield, etc.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store