Why did my Spotted Gar Jump Out?

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
Some fish just jump just for the hell of it. If you ever stand by a body of water long enough you will see that. Arowannas, trout and others jump when they hunt in nature, carp do it when they breed, and some just jump. I lost a giant danio to jumping once. i am sorry to say, but I was happy to be rid of him.
I would get a cover, silver dollars are strong swimmers and I would be scared. I feel for your loss.

Reactions: AquaAlex1993
A

AquaAlex1993

Some fish just jump just for the hell of it. If you ever stand by a body of water long enough you will see that. Arowannas, trout and others jump when they hunt in nature, carp do it when they breed, and some just jump. I lost a giant danio to jumping once. i am sorry to say, but I was happy to be rid of him.
I would get a cover, silver dollars are strong swimmers and I would be scared. I feel for your loss.
Yea, that is true. Flagtail prochildous jump in the wild while they school. It's pretty cool when it happens in nature, but not cool in aquariums.
I have a lid on now.
They are, I miss mine and will definitely get more one day. Good top dwellers
I am looking for some at the moment. Me and you have atleast one common fish we both enjoy, I wonder if there will be any more.

Reactions: Hendre

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I am looking for some at the moment. Me and you have atleast one common fish we both enjoy, I wonder if there will be any more.
Possibly is. I like my plants more than my SD's lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store