Why haven't Coldwater species have been popularized yet?

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I've personally observed the intelligence you're speaking about. I go snorkeling in crystal clear water by an island in my lake with a rocky bottom and I see TONS of crayfish, darters, gobies, and bass. I've observed tiny log perch flipping over small pebbles, it's AMAZING. I would see smallmouth bass mere feet away from me waiting to pounce on any escaping fish or crayfish. I got a nice action camera and hope to get some footage, if I do this summer I'll be posting it on my youtube channel (mihajlo525) :)

Sent from my GT-S7560M using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
This is another reason natives are awesome. I snorkel all the time in Lake Erie on our private beach and some of the stuff is amazing. I can sit in 2' of water all day and watch emerald and Spottail shiners eat things that I stir up on the bottom. Then I can swim out to 4' of water and there'll be a whole belt of large golden shiners with small white bass and black bass chasing them. And eventually when you hit 8-10' there'll be huge rock bass, SMBs, and Drums. It's an awesome experience that if more people saw, I theorize that more people would keep natives!

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
This is another reason natives are awesome. I snorkel all the time in Lake Erie on our private beach and some of the stuff is amazing. I can sit in 2' of water all day and watch emerald and Spottail shiners eat things that I stir up on the bottom. Then I can swim out to 4' of water and there'll be a whole belt of large golden shiners with small white bass and black bass chasing them. And eventually when you hit 8-10' there'll be huge rock bass, SMBs, and Drums. It's an awesome experience that if more people saw, I theorize that more people would keep natives!
Gotta admit that does sound pretty cool.

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
What about the dives outside United States? They looks awesome than the dives in United States waters!

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Duanes does have some pretty cool vids of his dives

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
What about the dives outside United States? They looks awesome than the dives in United States waters!
Maybe they are, I personally only dive in the US though, mainly cold, freshwater dives.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
That's awesome! Better than NA dives!
Not even close to gilboa, forget other countries, Canada is the only other place . I thought you actually liked natives MN...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya8V_nAAFGE&list=PLWwp02gHBcuSRD7HYOSKwFwttWYfUvL22&index=4

If Duannes or any other diver wants to give their experience then ok but for those of you who have never done any diving, you don't have any place to chime in on where is better. Videos don't do it justice and you have to actually experience the dive before you can judge it.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
I like natives, but you're trying too hard to convincing others to just agree with you. All your posts seem that you want to force ppl to like the natives.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Not even close to gilboa, forget other countries, Canada is the only other place . I thought you actually liked natives MN...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya8V_nAAFGE&list=PLWwp02gHBcuSRD7HYOSKwFwttWYfUvL22&index=4

If Duannes or any other diver wants to give their experience then ok but for those of you who have never done any diving, you don't have any place to chime in on where is better. Videos don't do it justice and you have to actually experience the dive before you can judge it.
I think we have a right to chime in anywhere we have an opinion. Rebels opinion is he thinks diving in other countries would be better. Duanes doesnt have to chime in for others to think the vids are amazing just watch it for yourself.

I went snorkeling once in mexico...can i give opinion on where i would like to dive :)

Why cant rebel like both natives and tropics/cichlids ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store