Why Is It So Dead In Here?

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Before I joined mfk I spent a lot of time lurking on different forums, the reason I joined mfk was not only because of the wealth of knowledge this site has, but the people here seemed nicer and more forgiving of noob mistakes than on a lot of other forums.. I'm not sure if I was lurking at the right time or what not but it seems that the place has gone down hill since my lurking days. People are so quick to jump down other peoples throats now without explaining why they're doing so. Perfect example: in another thread I had some guy (not naming names) jump down my throat for keeping comet goldfish with fancy goldfish, without knowing the circumstances in my tank. When I'd explained to him that my comet's mouth is munted and he can't eat as quick as a not munted comet he was fine, but still.. This seems to be happening all over mfk, both in the lounge and elsewhere, people jumping to conclusions without knowing the facts and I think that has stopped a lot of potential threads from happening; people don't want to share through fear of some jerk nastily pointing out every little detail that's wrong with their tank/life instead of calmly explaining what's wrong and so on. If that wall of text made any sense to anybody. :D

Reactions: Frank Castle

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
you guys are both wrong

PLENTY of talk goes on in other forums. there's a reason this place died down. maybe this lounge was just a niche thing among a small population of fish nerds and people grew out of it

Which forums? Both the major swedish forums has lost 70% (generous geuesstimation) of its activity, over here its the same..

The only thing i can think of is us fossils dropping of since we dont create threads anymore.. back when i was new i would create a new thread everyday, hence interacting with new people.. my thirst for knowledge drove me to make friends so to speak..

I would like it to be that way but deep down i know thats just bs.. i will wave my cane angrily while pooping myself a little bit but i blame ****ing facebook.. thats just information fast food.. everything gets lost with time and there are no stickies.. it encourages stupidity and shortsightedness and people put no energy in their posts because they know it will be lost.. the links they provide big fn surprise still leads here or other real forums but half of them are broken or missing pictures due to lack of upkeep..

If you look at this place many of the people who became legends once gathered under the banner of mfk..

Reactions: Frank Castle

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
Oh and btw send a pm if the autocencorship (cowardly act btw and i say this as a fellow mod/admin) with the names of other forums.. i'll have to see this for myself.. :)

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
Before I joined mfk I spent a lot of time lurking on different forums, the reason I joined mfk was not only because of the wealth of knowledge this site has, but the people here seemed nicer and more forgiving of noob mistakes than on a lot of other forums.. I'm not sure if I was lurking at the right time or what not but it seems that the place has gone down hill since my lurking days. People are so quick to jump down other peoples throats now without explaining why they're doing so. Perfect example: in another thread I had some guy (not naming names) jump down my throat for keeping comet goldfish with fancy goldfish, without knowing the circumstances in my tank. When I'd explained to him that my comet's mouth is munted and he can't eat as quick as a not munted comet he was fine, but still.. This seems to be happening all over mfk, both in the lounge and elsewhere, people jumping to conclusions without knowing the facts and I think that has stopped a lot of potential threads from happening; people don't want to share through fear of some jerk nastily pointing out every little detail that's wrong with their tank/life instead of calmly explaining what's wrong and so on. If that wall of text made any sense to anybody. :D
I hear you.. i saw what you saw and agree..

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I think constructive criticism is much more helpful, in a way like saying keeping a jaguar cichlid in a 75 is a bit tight, maybe try and get a bigger tank for it. That helps people

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
Are you aware of what they call me mr laperdite?

christophwaltz.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store