Why is my Motoro stingray floating on top of the water??

Redtail_Watcher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I'm sort of new to stingrays i have had my motoro stingray for at least 2 and half months. and its in my 75gallon holding tank. But it has a bit of curl to it and it is foalting on top of the water like a dead leaf. i worry about it, My motoro has been eating but for 2-3days now it stop and it looks like it has a spurt growth of ick! I don't believe it is natural.
i do 50-80percent water change every week and have 2.)110g water filters and 2powerheads with filters.
so what does this mean? i need :help2: ......
Picture 060.jpg

Picture 052.jpg

Picture 058.jpg

Picture 059.jpg

Picture 057.jpg

fishyboi

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
HERE
It might be dying or it might be dead i think, is it just floating or is it actually swimming?

shoefreak03

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
in my own little world
Redtail_Watcher;497454; said:
I'm sort of new to stingrays i have had my motoro stingray for at least 2 and half months. and its in my 75gallon holding tank. But it has a bit of curl to it and it is foalting on top of the water like a dead leaf. i worry about it, My motoro has been eating but for 2-3days now it stop and it looks like it has a spurt growth of ick! I don't believe it is natural.
i do 50-80percent water change every week and have 2.)110g water filters and 2powerheads with filters.
so what does this mean? i need :help2: ......
View attachment 43835

View attachment 43836

View attachment 43837

View attachment 43838

View attachment 43839
damn, that is actually a bad sign especially curled up like that. one of mine did that right before it died. good luck to you that it doesnt do the same as my old one.

sl3epaholic

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2006
?
one of my bigger ray did the same thing...thought it was gonna die...did a quick 30% water change and it went back to normal the next day...

Redtail_Watcher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
it's not swiming it is being move by the water curant, just floating there.

stereo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2006
Singapore
try poking it to see its still alive? :eek:

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
also, what is the water temperature...is that a sunfish of some sort in with it?

Deathcurl

BOO!!!
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2005
NYC
Yes, that is not a good sign. I had one do that a long time ago. Definitely check your water parameters (pH, ammonia, nitrite, nitrates). I made sure the water was super clean and that there was a ton of oxygenation and the ray made it. I don't know how far along yours is though. You may want to go out ant find some binox by Jungle Labs, which is nitrofurazone and salt or find those 2 components. I've had that stuff cure rays that came in VERY sad shape. May be too late though. Next time, post when you first see any weird behavior.

From the look of your avatar, you have some big cats in there too. They tend to be big waste producers and oxygen stealers.

Joefish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2005
St Charles , IL
That truly sucks! what were you feeding him?

i find its possible for ALL fish to get float from over feeding live feeders. not saying this is the case here but a pretty good example of what a fish does when it has float.:(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store