Why is my Motoro stingray floating on top of the water??

Redtail_Watcher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
yes because i'm turning my 1300g pond into a diy tank(wooden tank with glass)

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
Redtail_Watcher;503198; said:
yes because i'm turning my 1300g pond into a diy tank(wooden tank with glass)
Tank First.. Ray Last...

Aggressive Nocturnal Tankmates = Bad idea..

rook45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
new jersey
i think you were taking out too much water in your water changes 80%-85% changes are kinda extreme. next time try like 25%-30% water changes i think you'll have better results

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
Redtail_Watcher;498879; said:
those are blue gills in there, they are food for, to all of my fishes even to my peckock bass accept for my stingray. none of my fish has a bad temperment. they are melow mood fishes, i don't feed them very often i feed them once a day and have four water filters clean up the mess for at least 12hours before i feed them again. my stingray eats gold fish feeders and trout worms and night grawlers. i feed my Catfishes night crawlers, hotdogs, bluegills, crappies, gold fishes, minnows, shrimp, cut samlon, cod fish, my tempeture is at between 72-76 degrees.
As said before live feeders, especially wild caught ones, are a BIG no no! I also think your tank is a little cool. Try bringing it up around 80-82. Sorry for your loss. We live and learn...

Deathcurl

BOO!!!
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2005
NYC
Redtail_Watcher;498868; said:
i did a 85percent water change 3minutes after i posted my last post.(i can do all that to my 75gallon holding tank in 10minutes or less.) my RTC was thrashing around the tank at 80percent of water. my montoro stingray was at the bottom of the tank next to my bumblebee cat bury itself with gravel.

Then i went to sleep and woke up at 12.30pm and saw my montoro was on its back up side down.
It died!:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
View attachment 43985

View attachment 43986

View attachment 43987
The 85% water change could have been a big shock to the system too. You may have had some pH issues in there seeing that you have some heavy hitters in there.

Redtail_Watcher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
i think that was it also.(please remmeber also, that i kept it with an RTC, planned util my 1,300g tank with glass is built. tthat is one reason for me dumping 85pecent of my water) I keep it low and cool but no where even near half of frezzing. because it circulate air better.

I'm still am into stingrays i just got my Alantic Stingray 4 days ago it ate a little bit of dried Krill for 2days and i was wondering what can else i do to get it eating again because it stop after eating for the first 2days.... i did a 80percent water in my 40gallon yesterday on monday morning and had my 200watt water heat up on full. It's ok now.... but i think i should still be worried, I'm not too heart-broken over my last montoro stingray, but i still really miss it!

here is are pictures of my new 8inch diameter stingray....
Picture 195.jpg

Picture 196.jpg

Picture 191.jpg

Picture 192.jpg

Picture 193.jpg
Help me keep this Alantic stingray alive, happy and well.... (because i'm not stupid) I want to learn about all fish much as possible. any good advice or your suggestions is going to be not taken lightly...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store