WiFi Fish Feeder?

johnnymax

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2019
Southeast, Texas
This may not be a DIY, but it is an idea. Has anyone bought and used a programmable WiFi fish feeder.
From what I have read, I can use my phone to activate the feeder to feed the fish.
I can be away and feed them.
What I am excited about, is that I can relax in the height of laziness. I can be sitting in my recliner with my feet up, watching my fish, then push a button on a phone app and feed the fish.
It just sounds cool to me.

HDE Automatic Fish Feeder WiFi Enabled Programmable Aquarium Smart Device App Controlled Fish Food Dispenser (Black)
WiFi Fish Feeder.jpg

Reactions: tlindsey

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
My guess is the little holes would clog up unless very small pellets are used. The holes could be made bigger though.

johnnymax

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2019
Southeast, Texas
I don't see why this is better than just having it on a timer.
It is a timer also and can be programmed to feed up to four times a day.
I have had times when I was in my recliner, under a blanket with my little dog sleeping in my lap as I pet him or rub his ears, while watching my fish swim.
Then I think, I would like to give my fish a treat and feed them and watch their behavior.
But being so comfortable with my little dog fast asleep in my lap, well, I just sit there.
If I had a WiFi feeder, I could just sit there all comfortable, feed my fish and watch them feast.
Like I said in my first post "the height of laziness" Sometimes I am so tired, that I just want to be lazy for a little bit.
:mwave:

johnnymax

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2019
Southeast, Texas
OK! I am finding more affordable WIFI controls I can use on my tank.
Here is a WIFI outlets (4 pack) $30
I can control light, air, pumps, wave makers, feeder what else can I think of?
These outlets work with Alexa, Google, or from your phone.
I can sit in my recliner and turn on the light, then turn off the wave makers, then feed my fish.
What else can this could these Wifi outlets be used for?

Smart plug, Gosund Mini Wifi Outlet Works With Alexa, Google Home & IFTTT, No Hub Required, Remote Control Your Home
41x0VHlckoL.jpg

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
This may not be a DIY, but it is an idea. Has anyone bought and used a programmable WiFi fish feeder.
From what I have read, I can use my phone to activate the feeder to feed the fish.
I can be away and feed them.
What I am excited about, is that I can relax in the height of laziness. I can be sitting in my recliner with my feet up, watching my fish, then push a button on a phone app and feed the fish.
It just sounds cool to me.

HDE Automatic Fish Feeder WiFi Enabled Programmable Aquarium Smart Device App Controlled Fish Food Dispenser (Black)
View attachment 1384918
Yes, I have 7....

Ok google feed.... and that’s it

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
I think they are $30 on amazon,
Made pretty cheap,

Getting out lots flakes is hard, everything else not too bad...

That thing slides,

Opening can be cut a bit too...

F4347466-7963-4338-9FE9-ED0B0E63F20A.png

9AFD5B65-F1AC-46E2-B6DE-A51CBEEE195E.png

Reactions: johnnymax

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
I tried using similar last year (just for light and pump control, not feeding). They're cool but I stopped using them because every time the power went out I had to manually re-connect each each wi-fi outlet, which was kind of a pia. However with newer ones they might re-connect automatically, just check on this before buying is my advice.

AdamH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2019
London
Long story short...For a school project last year I wrote a report and designed the theoretically perfect fish feeder, however I didn't have time to discuss a wifi or Bluetooth enabled module. I think it would be a fun DIY project and i think i will actually build it in my next holidays. If you have little experience in design and building electronic products i would recommend buying one, however always read reviews with fish feeders, you'd be suprised at the amount of fish deaths they result in...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store