Wild caught juvenile Big Mouth Bass and Bluegills... Help?

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
nj blue gills dont get tht big ive been to many ponds and lakes havent caught one more than 10inches
Improper management.
Seen em get nearly twenty in the right conditions,under proper conditions they tend to get to 12 inches on average

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
nj blue gills dont get tht big ive been to many ponds and lakes havent caught one more than 10inches
Improper management.
Seen em get nearly twenty in the right conditions,under proper conditions they tend to get to 12 inches on average

Mary Ann W.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2018
Wrong.

Where do you live that bluegill and cichlids are native, if you don't mind me asking?

If you want a native fish try for a single green sunfish

South Texas Border and coastal region. Rio Grande Valley. And I'd love a sunfish but again, not too much into the aggressive types. Much perfer schoolers or maybe a green spotted puffer... But again the aggressiveness with potential tank mates was an issue. But mainly yhe Brackish requirments was the biggest problem for me, as i have no clue about any salt or brackish type setups.

Mary Ann W.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2018
4-5 bluegills and the catfish should be fine if its a bullhead blue gill dont get 15inches usually i dont c tht ever usually like 8-10 max in Lake george the big ones are only like 8inches so u could keep 4-5 bullhead catfish get around 12-15inches
I'm not sure what kind of cat it was, but know we've caught big suckers out of the same canal when we were kids and we'd get some hefty buggers out of it. Maybe 2 feet long or more at times. My cousin has fished that canal all his life and was always bringing in bigger cats. I wish i had taken pics of it and really looked at it better. He had a xouple spots on his tail and was almost goldenish in color (sandy tan). Really pretty for a cat, as I'm used to the darker grey colored ones we usually see in those water. Maybe it was because he was so little.

Mary Ann W.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2018
I'm not sure what kind of cat it was, but know we've caught big suckers out of the same canal when we were kids and we'd get some hefty buggers out of it. Maybe 2 feet long or more at times. My cousin has fished that canal all his life and was always bringing in bigger cats. I wish i had taken pics of it and really looked at it better. He had a couple spots on his body and tail and was almost goldenish in color (sandy tan). Really pretty for a cat, as I'm used to the darker grey colored ones we usually see in those water. Maybe it was because he was so little.
I googled the Cat they caught. It appears it was a baby Channel Cat... Looked like this guy's... And maybe just as big as the smaller ones.

38273736411_1a121a213b_b.jpg 10729458866_8fa3e4067d_b.jpg

Reactions: PGJE
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store