Will discus work with these fish as tankmates?

Madou

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2013
Belgique
Let's just ignore decade's of collective knowledge and care experience from experts and experienced hobbyists.
Let's experiment and try weird conditions and stocking and dress it up as thinking outside the box.
Let's ask experienced members for advise and ignore it.
I have never heard such a load of crap in my whole life.
Discus have evolved to suite their environment. There care should mimic their environment.
But let's think outside the box eh? They're only living creatures after all.
Was thinking just that.
"most important thing is just to look outside the box" No, most important thing is to handle living beings in appropriate ways. They are living creatures after all.
"Pretty much I just want to show what's not always against the grain.." + "I support new tanks and pitch in my 2 cent all the time." I understand you want your own thing, but don't come in threads telling people who are genuinely interested in the well being of their animals to just do as they wish and adapt animals to their environments instead of the other way around.
"end up losing interest in this great hobby. I'd rather have fun at the end of the day." Awww, yeah, we wouldn't want you to lose interest even if it costs lives.
"Not saying my way of keeping is wrong" Hate to be that guy, but I do.

Bottom line is, we won't stop you from doing animal cruelty or however you want to call torturing fish into conditions they are not meant to be in, but please, refrain from passing on your "knowledge".

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Was thinking just that.
"most important thing is just to look outside the box" No, most important thing is to handle living beings in appropriate ways. They are living creatures after all.
"Pretty much I just want to show what's not always against the grain.." + "I support new tanks and pitch in my 2 cent all the time." I understand you want your own thing, but don't come in threads telling people who are genuinely interested in the well being of their animals to just do as they wish and adapt animals to their environments instead of the other way around.
"end up losing interest in this great hobby. I'd rather have fun at the end of the day." Awww, yeah, we wouldn't want you to lose interest even if it costs lives.
"Not saying my way of keeping is wrong" Hate to be that guy, but I do.

Bottom line is, we won't stop you from doing animal cruelty or however you want to call torturing fish into conditions they are not meant to be in, but please, refrain from passing on your "knowledge".
Eh????

Madou

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2013
Belgique
Ah just re read it, makes sense now and I totally agree
Sorry, I quoted you because I agreed and added my own tune to it. Should have been clearer. ;)

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
No
Sorry, I quoted you because I agreed and added my own tune to it. Should have been clearer. ;)
Not at all. I read it again and it was clear.
I must admit I read it really quickly the first time as I was about to get on a Thomas the tank engine ride at a theme park with my daughter at the time. Lol

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
No

I must admit I read it really quickly the first time as I was about to get on a Thomas the tank engine ride at a theme park with my daughter at the time. Lol
What a legend.

Madou

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2013
Belgique
No

This will be quoted, reported and modified to suit my every need. Might make signature too!

Reactions: Chicxulub
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store