Will discus work with these fish as tankmates?

Bonytang

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2018
Let's just ignore decade's of collective knowledge and care experience from experts and experienced hobbyists.
Let's experiment and try weird conditions and stocking and dress it up as thinking outside the box.
Let's ask experienced members for advise and ignore it.
I have never heard such a load of crap in my whole life.
Discus have evolved to suite their environment. There care should mimic their environment.
But let's think outside the box eh? They're only living creatures after all.
they're just fish? they chill all day in peace wmy other fish ....i already saod i like discus tanks... meh, but yeah i mix them uo w/ other fish & they chill BAD SSS. love it ir hate it i had penty dicus tank before & I enjot this 1 the most. LOL> youre tank prolly boring as fk.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
they're just fish? they chill all day in peace wmy other fish ....i already saod i like discus tanks... meh, but yeah i mix them uo w/ other fish & they chill BAD SSS. love it ir hate it i had penty dicus tank before & I enjot this 1 the most. LOL> youre tank prolly boring as fk.
His tanks are beyond yours in many cases. Please stop trolling the thread. Thanks.

Madou

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2013
Belgique
Tell one of my mods to get a life?

I'd suggest you follow your own advice.

You have a month of free time from the forum to think it over.
Sorry for taking away the dramatic effect of your amazing ending to this madness but I had to test my signature...

Lol, looks like I'm in the s#+t now.
Right Stan?

neutrino

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2013
Mid-Atlantic, US
EntoStentor EntoStentor Yup. I've (successfully) kept discus. Different schools of thought, a lot of strong opinions, and a few fanatics in the discus world. Some have misconceptions and insist on notions that don't match the science-- like extrapolating native water conditions for green and heckle species to brown/blue discus--
https://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/features/articles/definitive-guide-to-discus-part-one?rq=discus guide part one
(also, some discus keepers are in a panic to grow them as fast and big as possible, as though it's vital to their health or survival, but note their wild sizes)

Imo re: original question:
Black Ghost Knife-- in a large tank, probably
Congo Tetras-- temperament okay, aggressive eaters but surface and mid water feeders, a bit on the active side for discus, but probably okay, can depend on your particular group of discus-- ime discus vary in temperament, I've had shy discus and boss discus
Roseline Sharks-- not always as peaceful as their reputation, case by case situation
Filament Barbs-- water's an issue, they're essentially a cool water fish, their upper limit barely reaches discus low limit; in general I wouldn't keep barbs with discus, anyway
Striped and Spotted Raphael catfish-- I kept them together, no problems
Clown Loaches-- I tried them with discus once upon a time in my early days, too pushy and active for discus,
Blue Botia Loaches-- similar to clown loaches

Regarding the guy keeping them in 74 degrees, that's the seasonal low limit for some discus in some locations, not a good idea long term. However, discus temperatures in the wild are not always as high as some think:
https://www.practicalfishkeeping.co...at-temperature-is-the-water-where-discus-live

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store