Will my angel fin pleco get along with my pirhana?

Goldenburd

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2018
Usa Pennsylvania
Hello there basically the problem is tgat my albino angel fin grew out of its grow out tank and im wondering if he will get along with my pirhana and the other pleco in the tank because of the long fins. Also theres a buck tooth tetra in the tank to pls help me out here otherwise Ill have to get rid of him.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Hello there basically the problem is tgat my albino angel fin grew out of its grow out tank and im wondering if he will get along with my pirhana and the other pleco in the tank because of the long fins. Also theres a buck tooth tetra in the tank to pls help me out here otherwise Ill have to get rid of him.
Don’t see them getting along or lasting. Would try separating or giving away the fish if you plant to keep the piranha.

Goldenburd

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2018
Usa Pennsylvania
Don’t see them getting along or lasting. Would try separating or giving away the fish if you plant to keep the piranha.
I mean the pirhana never attacked the other pleco or anything else in that matter but im just concerned about the fins on the angel fin pleco. Btw its only 1 pirhana.

Goldenburd

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2018
Usa Pennsylvania
It may not be today, next week or even next year but at some point the piranha will eat the pleco....
My dude he's been with another pleco for a year now never showed aggressive behavior AT ALL im not worried about the pirhana im worried about the bucktooth tetra nipping fin but the pleco is bigger than the tetra. Also the pirhana is well fed and never ate live food. Sorry that i got defensive there.

Reactions: BigShawn

BichirKing

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2018
PNW
do a big water change rearrange any decor in the tank and add the pleco. give the pleco a cave or other hiding spot and give it a shot.

Reactions: Matteus

BigShawn

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2005
Ohio
My dude he's been with another pleco for a year now never showed aggressive behavior AT ALL im not worried about the pirhana im worried about the bucktooth tetra nipping fin but the pleco is bigger than the tetra. Also the pirhana is well fed and never ate live food. Sorry that i got defensive there.
No problem, I've kept Pirhana for 35+ years and I've tried almost everything with them from plecos to electric eels nothing lived some lasted for a while maybe a year or two but eventually ghost. I wish you all the best hopefully you prove me wrong....

Goldenburd

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2018
Usa Pennsylvania
No problem, I've kept Pirhana for 35+ years and I've tried almost everything with them from plecos to electric eels nothing lived some lasted for a while maybe a year or two but eventually ghost. I wish you all the best hopefully you prove me wrong....
Yeah every pirhana is different in their actions and thoughts nice to see people care about them still.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store