Willie the lungfish!!

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Is that an african? Very cool either way, always wanted one but I'm a cheap bastard. Are you going to let him mudball?

froggyman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2005
Selinsgrove, PA
Jay R. said:
when the soil drys out they dig down into it and makes a mucus coccon to keep it moist tilll more rains come. BTW the neat thing about lung fish is that you dont have to move the fish when you do a 100 percent water change

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
froggyman said:
when the soil drys out they dig down into it and makes a mucus coccon to keep it moist tilll more rains come. BTW the neat thing about lung fish is that you dont have to move the fish when you do a 100 percent water change
You got it, To mudball you need deep sand/mud bottom, 12"+ and you raise temp. and lower water over a week, turn off filters at same time. I heard of this from a fishkeeper @ Stienhart Aquarium in san fran. keep the ball in a dry closet for a couple of months. soak in rain water til ball breaks up and put in tank, feed well. I saw a NGSexp. vid that showed them crawling out of mud built walls during 1st heavey rain.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
Jay R. said:
ok.. why do this?
normal life cycle and bragging rights

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
how many people can say dude check this mudball outl its a fish watch in a month or two im gonna hatch it out. nobody gonna beleve you

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store