Worms on Bichirs?

IITUFFTOBEATII

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2006
At my desk
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154931

Ok, I read the thread, and went to check out my newest guys, and sure enough the biggest one has got something!! :nilly:

the pics are crappy, sorry. I just took some quick shots to be able to post them, can get better ones if it will help with diagnosis/treatment.

They have been in with the other ~20 polys for almost two weeks, how should I treat them?

thank you in advance

*edit* They have lots of hiding spots so I dont know how long it has been this bad, but it couldnt have been for more than a few days.

P7110255.JPG

P7110256.JPG

P7110257.JPG

IITUFFTOBEATII

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2006
At my desk
it doesnt look like any of the others are being effected, should I quarantine this guy?

IITUFFTOBEATII

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2006
At my desk
ok, i got melafix, pimafix, and parasite clear, should i use them all at the same time?
and should i remove the plants?

beblondie

In Loving Memory
Mar 31, 2005
chicagoland
parasite clear should do the job just fine-Anne

IITUFFTOBEATII

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2006
At my desk
beblondie;1969211; said:
parasite clear should do the job just fine-Anne
Thanks!!
I am going to dose the tank now.

Infblue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
US
i can't see the worms from those pics, but i trust that you see them, so parasite clear is a good start. good luck. it works pretty quickly, and i usually do two doses, each one lasts a week.

but do make sure the white patches or any of that white stuff lining the scales near the belly don't get worse or start getting red streaks. i'd consider them quite serious at this point. if they get worse, it's antibiotics time.

IITUFFTOBEATII

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2006
At my desk
Infblue;1969461; said:
i can't see the worms from those pics, but i trust that you see them, so parasite clear is a good start. good luck. it works pretty quickly, and i usually do two doses, each one lasts a week.

but do make sure the white patches or any of that white stuff lining the scales near the belly don't get worse or start getting red streaks. i'd consider them quite serious at this point. if they get worse, it's antibiotics time.
It doesnt show real well, but there are red blotches in the spot in the first pic. Is that cause for added concern?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store