Worst time your fish made you jump?

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
When I had saved an orbi stingray. I was doing a water change as I did every day and I was talking to my wife while syphoning the water all of a sudden I felt something wack the hose I jumped back when I had looked down in the tank the rays barb was stuck and punctured the hose. I had it take a pair of needle nose pliers and pull it out. My heart was pounding the whole time.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
Accidentally ejected my ex-girlfriend post haste from our bed and nearly vacated my bladder when my 18 inch Aro jumped from his tank at the foot of my bed and landed squarely on my face. It's hard to believe the copious amounts of water that follows an Aro that size when they jump. The bed was soaked my ex was beyond pissed off and I was beyond dazed and confused.

Another incident involving another ex didn't scare me but did scare the heck out of her. Had a 75 set-up for a solitary porcupine puffer it was my ex's pride and joy she was thoroughly convinced she and the puff had a rapport till I dared her to stick her finger in the tank guaranteeing he'd bite her. She did the puffer bit and didn't let go. In her panic she flung him into a wall he puffed and despite the trauma after being put back in his tank survived till this day.

Another incident involving just me was a couple of months into owning my Trachycorystes cats when they started to dispute over a large fake driftwood hide in the middle of the night. They managed to scare the heck out of me when in the midst of their fight pushed every single piece of fake driftwood and some large shale rocks from one side of the tank to the other growling the whole way. The screeching of the ornaments across the glass mixed with the growling and then sudden thud as they hit the other side of the tank had me shook.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
When I had saved an orbi stingray. I was doing a water change as I did every day and I was talking to my wife while syphoning the water all of a sudden I felt something wack the hose I jumped back when I had looked down in the tank the rays barb was stuck and punctured the hose. I had it take a pair of needle nose pliers and pull it out. My heart was pounding the whole time.

Man THAT's a legit pucker moment!

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
Accidentally ejected my ex-girlfriend post haste from our bed and nearly vacated my bladder when my 18 inch Aro jumped from his tank at the foot of my bed and landed squarely on my face. It's hard to believe the copious amounts of water that follows an Aro that size when they jump. The bed was soaked my ex was beyond pissed off and I was beyond dazed and confused.

Another incident involving another ex didn't scare me but did scare the heck out of her. Had a 75 set-up for a solitary porcupine puffer it was my ex's pride and joy she was thoroughly convinced she and the puff had a rapport till I dared her to stick her finger in the tank guaranteeing he'd bite her. She did the puffer bit and didn't let go. In her panic she flung him into a wall he puffed and despite the trauma after being put back in his tank survived till this day.

Another incident involving just me was a couple of months into owning my Trachycorystes cats when they started to dispute over a large fake driftwood hide in the middle of the night. They managed to scare the heck out of me when in the midst of their fight pushed every single piece of fake driftwood and some large shale rocks from one side of the tank to the other growling the whole way. The screeching of the ornaments across the glass mixed with the growling and then sudden thud as they hit the other side of the tank had me shook.
Are they your exes because of these incidents? Lol

I laughed my butt off @ ejected my ex and emptied my bladder.

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member

Kolt, you are way cool in my book. LOL! This is EPIC!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store