Would you say this is a Trimac?

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Duane, you must have missed this part of the conversation.

Although her parents were the same species (obviously, lol), they were from two very different looking breeds.

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
'
.... Although her parents were the same species (obviously, lol), they were from two very different looking breeds. Mother was a Yorkie and father was a Chihuahua.....
Thing with dogs is, they are not different species.
All dogs, whether beagle or greyhound, St Bernard or toy poodle are Canis lupus familiaris, just different breeds, much as tiger, long fin or red oscar are all Astronotus occellatus, and all variations of Betta "splendens" are the same species.
Sorry to hear about Mini, hard to lose.
Mini is the same species as mine no matter what the size or look.
Wow, what is that furry thing???? He/She reminds me of Falcor from the Never Ending Story!
Yes, we miss Mini very Much, thank you. Yes, I know all dogs ranging from tiny teacup chihuahuas to massive Caucasian Shepards are the same species....Dogs show the impressive diversity that humans have achieved thru selective breeding! I would go as far as saying that dogs have the most diverse spectrum of characteristics for an animal that belongs to one species, compared to all other animals that exist. In fact, IIRC, wolf x dog mixes used to be considered hybrids but now they are simply classified as wolfdogs (not hybrids) because both wolves and dogs are technically the same species, Canis lupus. Although, dogs (Canis lupus familiaris) are a sub species of the grey wolf (Canis lupus). Technically only animals which are classified as different species can hybridize, ergo we have the wolf dog and not wolf x dog hybrid.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
They tell me its a Mioritic Sheepdog but probably a mutt, no papers, came from the pound.
Very much like most trimacs these days.
And RD, yep started at the end, but as you probably well know, I agree with all you wrote, with all the random crossing these days there is really no way to tell what's what, especially with the more popular species.
Wow, what is that furry thing???? He/She reminds me of Falcor from the Never Ending Story!
Yes, we miss Mini very Much, thank you. Yes, I know all dogs ranging from tiny teacup chihuahuas to massive Caucasian Shepards are the same species....Dogs show the impressive diversity that humans have achieved thru selective breeding! I would go as far as saying that dogs have the most diverse spectrum of characteristics for an animal that belongs to one species, compared to all other animals that exist. In fact, IIRC, wolf x dog mixes used to be considered hybrids but now they are simply classified as wolfdogs (not hybrids) because both wolves and dogs are technically the same species, Canis lupus. Although, dogs (Canis lupus familiaris) are a sub species of the grey wolf (Canis lupus). Technically only animals which are classified as different species can hybridize, ergo we have the wolf dog and not wolf x dog hybrid.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
So im guessing of aquabid and from a reputable dealer would make him a pure trimac? Very nice fish btw...
I cleaned up the shot of my flowerhorn a bit on ma phone editor contrast saturation ect...

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1416946964660.jpg

ExoticGREEN

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2010
$0uth3rn C@l1f0rn!@
So im guessing of aquabid and from a reputable dealer would make him a pure trimac? Very nice fish btw...
I cleaned up the shot of my flowerhorn a bit on ma phone editor contrast saturation ect...

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

I think legit trimac bro. prob male aswell

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store