Yet another "Stingray not eating" question

Chasintail

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2011
south central Pennsylvania
I had also ordered the rebuild kit for my 2nd FX5 filter. I now have two fx5 running on a 180 that has one 11 inch ray and a 4 inch silver dollar. If that's not enough, I don't know what is...

Damascus

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2020
I had also ordered the rebuild kit for my 2nd FX5 filter. I now have two fx5 running on a 180 that has one 11 inch ray and a 4 inch silver dollar. If that's not enough, I don't know what is...
You would be surprised...
On a 500g I have with 2 leopoldi, I have a 300g sump filled with k1, 2 uv sterilizers, and run a drip rate of 300g per day.

You would do better long term with a sump. Not a worry now, but eventually it may be if the ray gets bigger. They have a habit now and again of doing that.

Reactions: tlindsey

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Wonder why your ammonia spiked? You had a ray (I assume the hystrix was about the same size as the motoro) in an established aquarium. Perhaps cleaning your filter and removing the sand wreaked your tank cycle. Might take some time to get your cycle going again.

Chasintail

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2011
south central Pennsylvania
I just watched him go over the top of a piece of shrimp. I watched from underneath. He chewed for like 3 seconds then spit it out. He did that about 5 or 6 times. So he is trying..and then gives up

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store