Your tank size + filtration

troutman54

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Michigan
just wanted to create a thread to see what filtration set ups people have on their tanks, also post a picture of you can

troutman54

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Michigan
I have a fluval fx6, and a penguin 350 on my 120 gallon. I also have a 40 gallon internal filter that is in the same tank which will eventually be used in a hospital tank and stay in the hospital tank if my fish were to ever get sick (knock on wood)

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
Tank 15' x 4' x 4', Not set up yet. Will be running two Ultima 4000s with ReeFlo Barracuda Gold pumps for biological filtration, six RTL-100s with ReeFlo Hammerhead pumps for mechanical filtration, 405 gallon sump for redundant filtration, will also be running a Clarity CL3 protein skimmer off the sump with a ReeFlo Tarpon pump. Each Ultima 4000 Barracuda Gold combo will have a 120W UV sterilizer on the return end. One of the Ultimas will actually be returning the water in the sump back to the main tank. Family illness taking priority right now, so the backgrounds are unfinished, as I am not at home much right now. Someday our tank will be finished and set up.

troutman54

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Michigan
Tank 15' x 4' x 4', Not set up yet. Will be running two Ultima 4000s with ReeFlo Barracuda Gold pumps for biological filtration, six RTL-100s with ReeFlo Hammerhead pumps for mechanical filtration, 405 gallon sump for redundant filtration, will also be running a Clarity CL3 protein skimmer off the sump with a ReeFlo Tarpon pump. Each Ultima 4000 Barracuda Gold combo will have a 120W UV sterilizer on the return end. One of the Ultimas will actually be returning the water in the sump back to the main tank. Family illness taking priority right now, so the backgrounds are unfinished, as I am not at home much right now. Someday our tank will be finished and set up.
wow! I would love to see it when it is set up, it sounds like its gonna be on hell of a tank when complete

Reactions: Gourami Swami

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
currently running; an eheim 2217 on a 50, a 2213 on a 45, also a Dennerle nano eckfilter with "baby protect" attachment on a 6.5 shrimp tank (though still in dry start mode) ,and then a 6.8 all-in-one tank, with the back filled with floss, chemi pure, and a refugium chamber. Own a bunch of other filters and tanks which are collecting dust sadly

Reactions: troutman54
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store