Zaire Green can't sink??

X24

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2007
Nebraska
good news! Mine is no longer floating. he is on the bottom now, and he is moving so it seems to be all good.

i noticed a big white bulge in his stomach i assumed was food, but now it is no longer there and he is on the bottom swimming, so idk if that was air he swallowed or what.

hurricane_redbone

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2007
Joboland
www.myspace.com
I know something you can try.. loubard was tellin me bout this yesterday..

but first off i hope ur fish isnt like a big ass.. cuz then this cud prove to be difficult.. basically if it is trapped gas u can catch ur poly then wrap it in a cloth (in the water) so it cant move too much. then gently with ur fingers press on its belly and move down towards it anus applyin pressure. This way the gas gets forced out of its anus. If it is gas ull see bubbles come out... and usually hell be fine immediatly after...

I had a rope fish die of this... if i had know about this treatment i might have saved him..

hurricane_redbone

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2007
Joboland
www.myspace.com
X24;828664; said:
good news! Mine is no longer floating. he is on the bottom now, and he is moving so it seems to be all good.

i noticed a big white bulge in his stomach i assumed was food, but now it is no longer there and he is on the bottom swimming, so idk if that was air he swallowed or what.

there might be something stuck in the digestive tract that is trappin gas from digestion. in that case itll come back n forth ever few weeks or sometimes days... try starvin it for 2 days n then throw in some sardines... the salt in the sardine is good for their digestion... I suggest everyone do this with predatorial fish every 6 months...

X24

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2007
Nebraska
i haven't fed it today, and do you think if i just thaw out shrimp in salt water it will be just as good?

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
mb_barton;828666; said:
I know something you can try.. loubard was tellin me bout this yesterday..

but first off i hope ur fish isnt like a big ass.. cuz then this cud prove to be difficult.. basically if it is trapped gas u can catch ur poly then wrap it in a cloth (in the water) so it cant move too much. then gently with ur fingers press on its belly and move down towards it anus applyin pressure. This way the gas gets forced out of its anus. If it is gas ull see bubbles come out... and usually hell be fine immediatly after...

I had a rope fish die of this... if i had know about this treatment i might have saved him..
That's what I have to do after I have Taco Bell. LOL I hope your fish does well.

RE TurboII

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2006
San Diego, California
well everyone thanks for all the replies. i actually tried that rub the belly and funny enough he farted a few bubbles out. i think in the end tho it ended up being a swim bladder issue because he started floating sideways and well after a few hours was no longer breathing. it makes me really sad to because he was happy in the 180g along with the weeksii and senegal. im going to end up picking up another one from another lfs. thanks again everyone and may the zaire R.I.P

hurricane_redbone

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2007
Joboland
www.myspace.com
X24;829100; said:
i haven't fed it today, and do you think if i just thaw out shrimp in salt water it will be just as good?
I dunno if that works... u can try it but make sure its deiodized salt... if there iodine in it it cud be realyt bad or even fatal to the fish...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store