Zamora Woodcat. I tried to say no, but he was too amazing.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Decade+ is my preference, so fingers crossed.
School size of at least three: check. These are a little costly and pig-in-poke site-unseen, but if they're as fun & attractive as you say then I'll swing for 4(+)
*****They are a hoot but only at feeding times. Other times you won't see them.

Conspecific aggression, particularly at spawning times?
*****No clue.

Re. gobbling tank-mates: is mouth size like most catfish, as in "bigger than it looks"?
*****IDK how little a tank mate would have to be, I don't keep such little fish. It is mouthy yes like all woodcats but it doesn't grow big or even medium.

Any issue and/or will they school of find schooling comfort with clown loaches? I'm noting that their preferred temperatures are a good 5C lower than clowns, but other habitats & parameters seem similar.
*****IDK about CL cohab. I'd not expect neither positive or negative interaction but every tank differs and our hobby is a gamble in general. If they come out, it will be in total darkness. Whether they'd school or shoal or something else even between themselves, IDK.

Do they suffer tendency to get curious & jam themselves into tight spaces and die, as per (clown) loaches?
Or jumping hari-kari?
*****Jam, oh yes. Die, I think it'd be extreme. Jump, don't think so.

Red-tail & rainbow shark issues? IE anything particular, as sharks tend to be... a**holes regardless.
*****Like you said. I'd not expect a specific interaction.

Same query re. ghost & African knives, which can have similar tendencies.
Loads of bamboo in the plan, some already in the intended tank so long as they don't mind snuggling - which they don't seem to.
*****I think they are fine with their kin.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store