zangu catfish?

liontammer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2006
fish cave
ya i have been looking at that. but all i get out of that is big and mean lol. im looking for a little more perticuler like how fast of a grower are that do thay grow like my rtc's or more like my gar (aka an inch a year) what do thay feed on are thay hardy eaters or picky stuff like that

FinHunter101

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2012
Out Back In The Woods!
From what ive heard slow growers 1-2" per month some people have said their Jau is picky and others say they are garbage disposal they will get massive and aggresive no previous expirence just reading on this site and a few others but if u dont dont want him buy him and sell him to me im willing to pay $500 for him got a brand new 1200Gal aquarium that he would fit in very nicely or give me the number of the LFS hes at so i can call and maybe order me a couple myself if u dont mind... been lookin for 1 for a year now

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
From what ive heard slow growers 1-2" per month some people have said their Jau is picky and others say they are garbage disposal they will get massive and aggresive no previous expirence just reading on this site and a few others but if u dont dont want him buy him and sell him to me im willing to pay $500 for him got a brand new 1200Gal aquarium that he would fit in very nicely or give me the number of the LFS hes at so i can call and maybe order me a couple myself if u dont mind... been lookin for 1 for a year now
I've had two of them. They get bigger and are meaner than a Phractocephalus hemioliopterus.

I bought my first one in 2001 from the Fish Place 141 Robinson Street in North Tonawanda NY 716-693-4411 (Ask for Tyler (Industrial on MFK) or Jake) for $30.More recently I have seen one in stock (possibly a different fish each time) every visit since February 2011. I don't recall the price but I believe they were selling in the $20 to $30 range.

I bought my second one from Pets Plus 421 West St Lockport NY 716-433-0460 (Ask for Ali, John or Fred) in Feb 2011 for $25 it was only 2 1/2" long. I did not notice any the last visit but they get fish in weekly.

They were called Paulicea lutkeni for many years prior to correctly now being called Zungaro Zungaro.

If calling the Fish Place and they have sold out ask if their wholesale department has some in stock. The store is on the main floor and they have a wholesale company (that owns the retail store) in the basement that retail customers can not visit.

I found the first fish one of the most brutal killers I have ever owned when kept in my small tanks (3066 litres - 810g or less). If you get one it should be OK for a while in your 1200 as neither of mine was a fast grower. I found the first one actually very peaceful when I placed it eventually in my big tank. When it died it was still quite small at a measured 41". The smaller one is still in grow up tanks and will probably go in my 56,700 litre -15,000 g when appropriate. I believe that it is possible that my big female Wallago leerii might have taken out the Zungaro so I will not place it in with her just to be safe.

Please remember that I am just telling you my experiences having owned only 2 of them. Individuals can all grow at different rates and have very different personalities.

liontammer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2006
fish cave
Thanks so much i put him on hold will be picking it up tomaro pics to come :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FinHunter101

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2012
Out Back In The Woods!
I've had two of them. They get bigger and are meaner than a Phractocephalus hemioliopterus.

I bought my first one in 2001 from the Fish Place 141 Robinson Street in North Tonawanda NY 716-693-4411 (Ask for Tyler (Industrial on MFK) or Jake) for $30.More recently I have seen one in stock (possibly a different fish each time) every visit since February 2011. I don't recall the price but I believe they were selling in the $20 to $30 range.

I bought my second one from Pets Plus 421 West St Lockport NY 716-433-0460 (Ask for Ali, John or Fred) in Feb 2011 for $25 it was only 2 1/2" long. I did not notice any the last visit but they get fish in weekly.

They were called Paulicea lutkeni for many years prior to correctly now being called Zungaro Zungaro.

If calling the Fish Place and they have sold out ask if their wholesale department has some in stock. The store is on the main floor and they have a wholesale company (that owns the retail store) in the basement that retail customers can not visit.

I found the first fish one of the most brutal killers I have ever owned when kept in my small tanks (3066 litres - 810g or less). If you get one it should be OK for a while in your 1200 as neither of mine was a fast grower. I found the first one actually very peaceful when I placed it eventually in my big tank. When it died it was still quite small at a measured 41". The smaller one is still in grow up tanks and will probably go in my 56,700 litre -15,000 g when appropriate. I believe that it is possible that my big female Wallago leerii might have taken out the Zungaro so I will not place it in with her just to be safe.

Please remember that I am just telling you my experiences having owned only 2 of them. Individuals can all grow at different rates and have very different personalities.
Thanks Man really preciate the info & numbers...
Sorry Liontammer if u feel as i Hijacked ur thread Bro deff not intended like you just looking to get one myself looking forward to see pics of this beast...

liontammer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2006
fish cave
no worries man lol go through the fish place they are really good with fish and can ship i know thay supply alot of the local shops

liontammer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2006
fish cave
Here are some pics of him he is in a 150 pond he is hiding lol so no pics of him in the tank. the pics were takin in the bag sitting in a styro that is why thay are so white lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1341784433971.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1341784455398.jpg

FinHunter101

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2012
Out Back In The Woods!
WOW!!! So jealous he/she has Beautiful Markings already gonna be a Brute when it gets Bigger deff give a Grow out thread for sure for future owners like myself & others.. Cant wait to call and see if i can get me one 2morrow...

liontammer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2006
fish cave
lol i started cleaning out the room today were my 3k tank is going still not shour how im going to do the walls of the tank was thinking glueing pond linner to the walls and seaming it but know shour if it would be cheaper to do that or to do fiberglass

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store