zangu catfish?

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Arapaimag has put it real well.

My original one is also from the same store - The Fish Place. They usually have one or two ~4"-ers for sale for about $35. Usually called cryptically "Amazon catfish".

Mine two have been growing at about half the rate of an average RTC. Not picky eaters as long as the foods are fleshy, not so much into pellets but will take them when starved.

For pics and aggression description, please take a look at my thread: http://www.planetcatfish.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34777&hilit=zungaro

They do grow bigger than RTC (not as striking in appearance though): look at the 4th picture down on this page http://httpwwwwasyphpb.easyphpbb.com/viewtopic.php?t=480

FinHunter101

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2012
Out Back In The Woods!
Contacted The Fish Place talked to Tyler said the had a 2ft Beast that sold Fri no more Jau's in the Showroom or in the Wholesale department.. said he would shoot me an email when 1 comes avaliable... cant wait..

liontammer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2006
fish cave
2 foot holy **** lol it must have shrunk alot in the 10 hours before i picked it up lol

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I am sure Tyler was talking about a different fish - a trade-in. He is a nice young gentleman - it had always been my pleasure dealing with him. I know him also as "Industrial" on PlanetCatfish.

liontammer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2006
fish cave
no it was the same one thay have only had one there for a long time plus that is when i picked it up it really isent to big of a surprise lol i don't think that cat has left under that rock since it was brought in lol

FinHunter101

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2012
Out Back In The Woods!
I still cant wait to hear back from tyler for my chance at a Jau guess i will buy a Goliath & 2 Vittatius Tigerfish for now to Cure the Monster Fever... but im set & sold on the next Jau avaliale if any of you guys go Back before i contact tyler shoot me a pm if u see 1 in store if u would please... Either you, ariapimag, thebiggerthebetter any of the regular vistors please let me kno asap... Thanks

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
no it was the same one thay have only had one there for a long time plus that is when i picked it up it really isent to big of a surprise lol i don't think that cat has left under that rock since it was brought in lol
I believe you but one way or another it must be just a case of miscommunication. I don't think anyone is trying to be misleading here.

liontammer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2006
fish cave
o i dident mean any harm by it i just thought it was funny you cant tell me you have never had someone tell you it was 2 foot and it turned out to be like 4 inches

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I still cant wait to hear back from tyler for my chance at a Jau guess i will buy a Goliath & 2 Vittatius Tigerfish for now to Cure the Monster Fever... but im set & sold on the next Jau avaliale if any of you guys go Back before i contact tyler shoot me a pm if u see 1 in store if u would please... Either you, ariapimag, thebiggerthebetter any of the regular vistors please let me kno asap... Thanks
Are you in Buffalo or in Georgia?? If you don't see any on Aquabid, then you could phone Shark Aquarium, Hillside, NJ 973-923-3200 and see if they have a jau. If not, ask to speak to George, the owner so he could tell when/how to get one.

This is the best LFS I have ever been to (for my purposes) with 750 big tanks and the selection of my dreams. They ship too.

There are other reputable mail-order places. Several examples:
- RiverWonders in CA.
- Rare Fish, Wes Wong, amazonaq@gmail.com.
- Anubias Design, Mark, anubiasdesign@yahoo.com.
- Amazon Tropical, Scott at amazontropical@aol.com.
- East Coast Zoological Supply ECZS, John.
- Snookn21@yahoo.com, John Kreatsoulas, Ft. Myers, FL.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
o i dident mean any harm by it i just thought it was funny you cant tell me you have never had someone tell you it was 2 foot and it turned out to be like 4 inches
Right :) Of course it happened... when people spoke about two different fish :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store