Zebra shovel nose won't eat

Stingingrays

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2007
Pennsylvania
www.myspace.com
My catfish aren't in the same tank with the rays and will never be in the same tank with the rays. My rays are with only other rays and that is the way that is will stay. I have never had plans of mixing my catfish with the rays.

Maybe I over reacted about the not eating.... I mean he was eating one or two tiny black worms, but nothing like my other catfish in other tanks which as soon as I feed start to scavenge around the bottom for their food. I know that he is eating more now though cause when the worms pass infront of his face he gobbles down a few and gets a tiny tummy. but I guess I was just expecting him to move around the bottom and pick up the rest.

As far as Tig Vs. Jur I really don't care. I think both are very neat looking. Okay so one show better contrast then the other, no big deal in my book. Someone else also said something about how the jur perch on stuff(I believe in a different thread) but the Tig does not. I think it is the cutest think when he perches himself on top of this castle thing in the tank and sit there with his nose in the current. His colors come out a lot better when he is in this position. But like I said before his colors aren't that big of a deal. I like him just the way that he is.

Thats for the advise about the predator feeding stick, I will have to go out and find one. Then I can let my self be at ease about his eating. caues I will be able to closley monitor when he is eating.

AwolAngler

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2007
South Eastern Ma.
www.myspace.com
How's the ick coming along? Did it ever really break out? Watch out what medicine you use because some can kill our scaleless friends... I'd recommend raising the temp and lightly salting the tank first...
And as far as the TSN bullying the Juruense I wouldn't worry to much about it unless your seeing it yourself... My TSN is the least aggressive fish in my tank (unless your a feeder...) If he was a redtail or some other highly aggressive species the story might be a little different. Good luck man and pot more pics when he grows up a little :)

Waldo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2005
Spokane WA
Ich meds should only be used in a tank devoted to isolation!

Stingingrays

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2007
Pennsylvania
www.myspace.com
Waldo;794283; said:
Ich meds should only be used in a tank devoted to isolation!

When you don't have an extra tank for isolation then there is no other choice then to med the tank that he is in! Please don't talk to me like I am stupid. Because you may think that I am some noob when I am not. But I do know what I am doing and I have very healthy fish I was just looking for some extra adive beings any of the catfish that I have ever owned have never gotten ick!

"Did it ever really break out? Watch out what medicine you use because some can kill our scaleless friends... I'd recommend raising the temp and lightly salting the tank first..."

No it never really broke out, he only had about 10 little ich spots on him total. As far as killing the scaless fish. Yes I know that I have had 4 Scat for about 3 years now and the first ones that I ever tried to keep were sick to begin with and too far gone I also have an elephant nose with the scats so I am always warry about putting anything in that tank since it is mostly scaless fish. But as far as the meds go I only used 1/4 of 1 dose and there is only 1 spot left, he is still eating pretty good. So I am not really worried about it anymore.

Geeze I feel like anytime I come and check this thread I have to defend myself. :irked: :cry: :thumbsdow I would think that if you all really cared about the fish rather then tryin to make someone sound stupid you would want to help not just shoot out comments and piss people off.

DJC776

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2006
Norfolk, UK
Stingingrays;794842; said:
When you don't have an extra tank for isolation then there is no other choice then to med the tank that he is in! Please don't talk to me like I am stupid. Because you may think that I am some noob when I am not. But I do know what I am doing and I have very healthy fish I was just looking for some extra adive beings any of the catfish that I have ever owned have never gotten ick!

"Did it ever really break out? Watch out what medicine you use because some can kill our scaleless friends... I'd recommend raising the temp and lightly salting the tank first..."

No it never really broke out, he only had about 10 little ich spots on him total. As far as killing the scaless fish. Yes I know that I have had 4 Scat for about 3 years now and the first ones that I ever tried to keep were sick to begin with and too far gone I also have an elephant nose with the scats so I am always warry about putting anything in that tank since it is mostly scaless fish. But as far as the meds go I only used 1/4 of 1 dose and there is only 1 spot left, he is still eating pretty good. So I am not really worried about it anymore.

Geeze I feel like anytime I come and check this thread I have to defend myself. :irked: :cry: :thumbsdow I would think that if you all really cared about the fish rather then tryin to make someone sound stupid you would want to help not just shoot out comments and piss people off.

I agree with you mostly Stiningrays that is why I have never put any photos on here of my setups; someone will say they are crap or that I am doing it wrong which if constructive is great, if not just pees me off big time. There are some brill parts on here though mate so dont take all to heart. Might go and buy a mollie now to live with my Gulper Cat :ROFL:

Stingingrays

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2007
Pennsylvania
www.myspace.com
DJC776;796142; said:
Might go and buy a mollie now to live with my Gulper Cat :ROFL:

:ROFL: :ROFL: You never know the mollie might eat your gulper cat.... :nilly: :popcorn:

I was a member on a different board and this 12year old kid got on my case about something. I Pmed the owner of the forum and said this is why I don't come around and post anything anymore. They replied back to me and said that I am not the first person that complained about the person and they were going to watch over his posts so that he doesn't make more people leave.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store