Zebrina - 1st Day Behavior

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
I thought these guys weren’t supposed to be that bad? Still a pike I suppose...
not bad aggression when compared to other large pikes. Grabbing the face, dragging fish across the tank, pulling pieces off other fish is the norm for pike aggressive behavior. They don’t have time for flaring.

this particular pike’s aggression was inevitable, even without the tank upgrade. The tank upgrade just gave it an excuse to make its move up the hierarchy sooner

Reactions: Deadeye

Potato Patatto

Aimara
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2020
not bad aggression when compared to other large pikes. Grabbing the face, dragging fish across the tank, pulling pieces off other fish is the norm for pike aggressive behavior. They don’t have time for flaring.

this particular pike’s aggression was inevitable, even without the tank upgrade. The tank upgrade just gave it an excuse to make its move up the hierarchy sooner
The whole “this is the most peaceful pike” narrative should probably be dropped for good

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
The whole “this is the most peaceful pike” narrative should probably be dropped for good
Natts are the most peaceful pygocentrus, it’s all relative...
Just beating the crap out of tankmates vs killing them is an improvement as far as the pike goes.

Potato Patatto

Aimara
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2020
Natts are the most peaceful pygocentrus, it’s all relative...
Just beating the crap out of tankmates vs killing them is an improvement as far as the pike goes.
-_- I’m just hoping the peacocks will get big enough to bring the pike back down to earth? Everyone is not very aggressive, does he possibly need to be “put in place” so to speak?

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
-_- I’m just hoping the peacocks will get big enough to bring the pike back down to earth? Everyone is not very aggressive, does he possibly need to be “put in place” so to speak?
A mean bass could probably beat the pike. For now, he is proving his dominance, it should calm down once everyone submits. Only way to stop all aggression is to get him his own tank.

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
Crenicichla are pretty intelligent, as far as fish go. Cichla are not. IMO they are big, fast, and dumb. If push came to shove I would put my money on a pike against a Pbass twice its size if they got to scrapping.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store