Zebrina crenicichla 5 inch

Keemofish4ever

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2015
The Car
Ahh, it's always nice to see a Gymnothorax polyuranodon. Sorry but I'm gonna derail this thread slightly and ask you how your experience with him has been?
They can be difficult keeping them inside the tank the first day he made it to sump three times I finally got something for him not to go down the overflow. I have a background from aquadecor in my tank n he still finds a way to get back that there but comes back to the front when he wants. Just gotta make sure your tank is sealed everywhere pretty much because the smallest opening is possible for them

Reactions: Angelphish

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
They can be difficult keeping them inside the tank the first day he made it to sump three times I finally got something for him not to go down the overflow. I have a background from aquadecor in my tank n he still finds a way to get back that there but comes back to the front when he wants. Just gotta make sure your tank is sealed everywhere pretty much because the smallest opening is possible for them
This.

I have a mangrove tree decoration, and I didn't even realize it at the time, but the decoration was hollow, and the bottom of each root was open. Long story short, I couldn't find my eel for two weeks, and I thought it jumped out. I ended up ordering another, larger one, in hopes that it wouldn't jump out like the previous one. Another weeks pass after I receive the new one and I find the previous one, sticking its head out of the tree decor. Since then I knocked the decoration on its side so he can access the other openings and doesn't get stuck, and now he just hides in there with the front 1-2" of his body sticking out.

1567989524840.png1567989535842.png1567989548976.png1567989563636.png

Reactions: adamsfishes

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
How does he behave with the other one?

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
How does he behave with the other one?
I would assume peacefully. They've set themselves up in such a way where they don't even interact with one another. I have another piece of decor across the tank that the other eel hides in, and given how they never fight over food, territory, or simply for the hell of it, like other fish do, I think they're okay with each other. Like I said, it's hard to tell though, because they're on opposite ends of the tank.

I nearly forgot to mention that it's a 7x2x2 tank, so there's quite a bit of distance between them.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Are the fish with the orange/red and black stripes severums? If so then I have never seen any like those before.

RDFISHGUY

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2006
Red Deer, AB.
Wow! Awesome collection! Do you have any tank shots? What type of ray?

Wolfen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2018
Los Angeles
I'm going to further derail it by going on a rant about why everyone should own one.

They're friggin awesome. They're genuine freshwater moray eels, so unlike all of the faux eels you get in freshwater, this one actually exhibits true eel behaviors. Both of mine come out at night to eat pellets, and it's amazing how snake like they move. They're also very particular about how they eat, as they'll move from their normal hiding spot to a new one that's closer to the food, so they can eat, rather than just going towards the food. Both of them typically stick their heads out of the hiding spots and watch what's going on in the tank, which is really interesting to watch. And when they do finally come out of hiding, they don't ever sit still. They're either hidden or they're moving. Having a 2+ foot eel fly around your tank is quite the spectacle. And finally, they're completely peaceful. I've not had them once try to eat, or attack a fish, and they've never even shown anything close to aggression towards a tankmate. It's the perfect predatory/monster fish; it looks mean but behaves like a dream.

Sorry if this seamed scattered, but thoughts just kept coming to me.
Can I keep them with ropefish and adult ornate bichir?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store