A kid buys a RTC for a 20 gallon and releases it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
I think the import laws in Aus are junk! 90% of the fish on the list cant even live in our waters, winter will kill them, but the price effect it has on the rare fish is good as it does stop kids and the unknown from buying such species, I think thats actually how all these types of fish should be sold if you cant afford to spend 1k on the fish you wont be able to afford the tank later down the track and the food also gets quite costly.

As for the kid, not good but I doubt he could even understand the long term effects this would have.
Nah, he understands it. When i was his age i would. But hopefully one singular RTC will just die...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

willyb1972020

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2013
Delawere
Ya if someone else didn't do the same thing in the same place.:banghead:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I just can't believe people like that are even allowed to own pets! Also, does anyone else think that you should need a permit to own an RTC?

blindkiller85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Orlando, FL
I agree on the permits. These fish like quite a few species are not for the average hobbyist. Granted MFK specializes in the not so average tanks.

For most people that venture out of the 55-75 range, most never go above a 220-240. Even as large as they are, that's barely enough for more than 2-3 fish that are in the 18-22 inch range in length based upon the fish turning around. Length we know is not a problem, but for the fish turning around, well it probably is.

JonY3k

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Ohio Wooster
My LFS gets in and sells a lot of RTCs. He claims that they die before before they get too big.

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
I just can't believe people like that are even allowed to own pets! Also, does anyone else think that you should need a permit to own an RTC?
I made a thread about needing permits to own RTC a while ago and SO many people posted rude hateful comments, even saying "i dont belong in this hobby" and the thread got closed and deleted. But now it seems everyone kinda agrees with it? Anyways, yes, some type of regulation. On RTC, Pacu, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
I don't think a permit will be helpful but they needs to put some regulations on the common tankbusters such as Pacus, RTC, Oscars etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store