A kid buys a RTC for a 20 gallon and releases it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
I don't think a permit will be helpful but they needs to put some regulations on the common tankbusters such as Pacus, RTC, Oscars etc.
Oscars aren't really tank busters IMO...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
While searching youtube i found this video and took a screenshot. Basically, a kid buys a RTC for a 20 gallon with a jaguar cichlid, 6 inch ID shark and other cichlids and says when the RTC outgrows his tank he will release it into a local lake. This just goes to show how irresponsible some kids can be. BTW I know that we all make mistakes as young keepers and alot of kids actually take really good care of animals... But i am just posting this to sorta let out my anger cause this just REALLY bugs me!

Ive seen this video also before but when he talks it seems like he lives in an area where RTC's live naturally in the wild still I agree it is un responsible and immoral

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
I think you need read the username in Youtube picture....he appeared to living in a warm place.
maybe he is in the native range/\

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Oscars aren't really tank busters IMO...

Yet they are commonly released fishes next to the pacus all over in United States. Just because they are not "tankbusters" to you, they are still big fish that required tanks that is bigger than 55gal.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Yet they are commonly released fishes next to the pacus all over in United States. Just because they are not "tankbusters" to you, they are still big fish that required tanks that is bigger than 55gal.
I've seen them up to 16 inches in Public Aquariums. I think that can be called a tank buster

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
I've seen them up to 16 inches in Public Aquariums. I think that can be called a tank buster
Lets not get into this oscar size debate. By tankbuster do u mean it can break the glass?

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Lets not get into this oscar size debate. By tankbuster do u mean it can break the glass?

Ok here's my question to you. What is the main reason that they released Oscars in the lakes and ponds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store