black or silver?

mikehagan

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2011
Pittsburgh
Im not sure how this is even a conversation were having. Show me a picture of a silver arowana that has orange rimmed blue fins. I guess people are color blind.

A silver arowana of that length would be much chunkier, taller and have a wider profile. Silvers are bigger fish, plain and simple.

Siddons11

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
USA
The fins are the same color as the body with pink on the tips. The lighting just makes it look darker. uploadfromtaptalk1416096730496.jpg just like this

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Fatlungy

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2011
Reading, Pennsylvania
GarNiac said he bought it as a black. I don't think he is unsure. Just showing everyone how much they look alike.

Sent from my MB886 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

GarNiac

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
SE Asia
Ok, let me jump in, I bought this as a black, it was 40cm when it arrived, now is pussing towards 70cm. Everything looks normal, fins, lower lips, eyes, tails, and barbels. I owned a silver before, kept it till about 80cm and I let it go due to problems with my pond. Both silver n black looks different, but also similiar, due to the fact that they are all look alike. I noticed my silver has a wider head shape, and brighter body color. Its true that they develop pinkies color, I saw these when I put the silver in pond for years, which showed its natural color. Then, sooner later, this black arrived, with much slender/smaller head shape, darker tone color on the body, yet, I also noticed black stripes on the fins. The tank you guys see is on the terrace, which is the only spot I could build a tank that size (250cm x 80cm x 80cm), it gets so much glare during the day, but no direct sunlights. There is semi transparent roofing on top/ shading which block rains and suns. As you guys can see, it is a barebottom tank, with transparent glass all around, which is I preffrered. There is noway I could take a clearer shot, unless I install lighting on top, which is of course has to be really bright, yet, I wouldnt do it.
So, it is what it is, there is no drop eye on the fish, and there are darker tones on top of its body. Also, the end tails shape is narrower than the silver I owned. Some may say that this is a silver, but I dont mind, because they look the same. Maybe this fish looks different if the tank was all painted black around, bit I wouldnt do it. cheers.

Jtruong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2013
Boston
Wrong!

Obviously you don't know much about arowana. Davenmandy aro is a black, but Garniac aro is a silver. Black arowana won't have that kind/size barbels.

Wrong!
WHAT NOW JLNGUYEN74

Lambrakopoulos

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2009
USA
WHAT NOW JLNGUYEN74
Dude let him rant, he swears he knows all. This site is riddled with arrogant people who take others opinions as FACT, and will tell you that you're wrong. Let him fill this thread with nonsense and don't fret over such childish bs. "Let the children bicker, while the adults converse."

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Reactions: twcp

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
Dude let him rant, he swears he knows all. This site is riddled with arrogant people who take others opinions as FACT, and will tell you that you're wrong. Let him fill this thread with nonsense and don't fret over such childish bs. "Let the children bicker, while the adults converse."

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I'm gonna have to agree with this, though I used to be one of those people, back in the day. Lol

I will say though, this thread has left me thoroughly confused on the differences between silver and black. It seems to me that under poor lighting, a silver can easily look very similar to a black, which makes me question which species the OP's fish actually is...

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
WHAT NOW JLNGUYEN74
What now? Just because Garniac bought it as a black, does it mean it's a black? If he believes it's a black, then it's a black to him.

Rant? You may want to look in the mirror before spewing your garbage! Where did I swear I know all? Arrogant people is the one who's clueless, yet doesn't open to other's opinion.

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store