Can I do anything to help my gar

ShadowP

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2015
Southeastern North Carolina
Im not interested in getting a couple kids in real trouble.
They're already in trouble... disobeying laws, trespassing, poaching... maybe civil prosecution would help straighten them out so they don't shoot something or someone else...
Or if you know whos' kids they are, a chat with the parents and permission to introduce them to the hobby, ie. Your pond and it's inhabitants and all that goes into it, per se, may be a better long term option.
Might convert them from JDs to JDs... juvenile delinquents >>> jack dempseys.
Hoping for the best for you and your gar.

in_the_seance

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2012
montana
They're already in trouble... disobeying laws, trespassing, poaching... maybe civil prosecution would help straighten them out so they don't shoot something or someone else...
Or if you know whos' kids they are, a chat with the parents and permission to introduce them to the hobby, ie. Your pond and it's inhabitants and all that goes into it, per se, may be a better long term option.
Might convert them from JDs to JDs... juvenile delinquents >>> jack dempseys.
Hoping for the best for you and your gar.
Well that's true I just got some bean bag shot for my 12 ga instead. But if they come to get their bow then we'll talk

That really sucks. A shame the dog didn't catch them!
Well I have 2 pugs, Boston terrier, and a wolf hound so they'd just have to watch their knees cause the wolfhound is a pussy!

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
You need to invest in a german shepard, and screw the bean bag shot, get the rubber pellets, way better chance of sending someone home crying than with a single slug beanbag. I wouldn't worry about getting kids in trouble, clearly they have a taste for bending the rules as is, a run in with either State Police or a CO might do them real good.

Oh and glad to see the gar pull through, they are one of the toughest fish I've ever had the pleasure of owning, live through just about everything, clearly haha.

in_the_seance

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2012
montana
You need to invest in a german shepard, and screw the bean bag shot, get the rubber pellets, way better chance of sending someone home crying than with a single slug beanbag. I wouldn't worry about getting kids in trouble, clearly they have a taste for bending the rules as is, a run in with either State Police or a CO might do them real good.

Oh and glad to see the gar pull through, they are one of the toughest fish I've ever had the pleasure of owning, live through just about everything, clearly haha.
Like I need more animals! Jk cabelas/scheels didn't have the pellets just the bag. And ShadowP said it best they need to be taught something and I don't think that's what's a cop would be after. At least in my town. I'll just wait it out I'll catch/see them sooner or later.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
How's the gar today?

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
It'll heal keeping it clean like your doing is key. The meds will prevent infection. The wound looks good.

screaminleeman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2009
Westminster, MD
I will drop my water down. I'm sure some of his parts are messed up.

My truck and my dogs chased them out after I yelled at them and they told me to f off. They dropped their bow so if they want it...

threw an aerator on, salt in, covered the tank with a blanket and praying

I put a dozen yoy in the pond about two year agos he's about 20"
You should first, if you do not have it already, post "no trespassing/ private property" signs posted around the area. A bow is a dangerous weapon. You SHOULD feel threatened especially when they told you t F off.

Call the cops on them to report the crime and lay it on thick the personal safety concern angle. It sucks that our laws do not extend as far with pets (especially fish), but this is no different than hunters going onto private property without permission with firearms.

There are lengthy prison sentences for these types of crime.

It also sounds like neighborhood kids, if they took off on foot and had no vehicle nearby. You could also print out fliers to the neighbors asking about information of the "left behind bow" so that a agreement may be reached before turning the matter over to the police.

The potential couple hundred dollar potential fine for killing your gar isn't going to motivate the kids or their parents to come clean. The threat of a felony charge might just motivate BOTH, or at least the parent(s) if they bought the bow for their kid(s).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store