Can I do anything to help my gar

in_the_seance

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2012
montana
You should first, if you do not have it already, post "no trespassing/ private property" signs posted around the area. A bow is a dangerous weapon. You SHOULD feel threatened especially when they told you t F off.

Call the cops on them to report the crime and lay it on thick the personal safety concern angle. It sucks that our laws do not extend as far with pets (especially fish), but this is no different than hunters going onto private property without permission with firearms.

There are lengthy prison sentences for these types of crime.

It also sounds like neighborhood kids, if they took off on foot and had no vehicle nearby. You could also print out fliers to the neighbors asking about information of the "left behind bow" so that a agreement may be reached before turning the matter over to the police.

The potential couple hundred dollar potential fine for killing your gar isn't going to motivate the kids or their parents to come clean. The threat of a felony charge might just motivate BOTH, or at least the parent(s) if they bought the bow for their kid(s).
My only neighbor is a old rancher he owns around me. Except west of me which is a chunk of state land. I have 30 acres about 8 are flat grassland the rest is trees and kinda mountainy. My pond is by the state land which is where they ran. I built up my fence and called it a day. You guys are too serious! I'm not gonna get the cops involved because I'd have been doing something like that when I was 16.
I'd rather have this topic cover my gar recovery instead of being the court report. Thanks

in_the_seance

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2012
montana
He let me turn him just enough to get his side wound. The one in the front was barely open more like a bruised indent now.
20150807_172606.jpg
Made sure to get as much of the neoplex near his wounds until it dissolved.
20150807_172806.jpg

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Has it eaten anything since the incident?

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Wounds are starting to heal up nicely.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I'm amazed by the way it's gone!

Will put one minnow in tonight to see how it goes I'll add more if necessary. Want to keep water as clean as possible. I'll siphon scales etc out.
Clean water is definitely more important right now than food.

BrookKeeper

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2015
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Is he ready for deeper water yet? I know it would be harder to medicate, but seems like the poor guy probably would like some depth, if he can hold his own now.

in_the_seance

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2012
montana
Is he ready for deeper water yet? I know it would be harder to medicate, but seems like the poor guy probably would like some depth, if he can hold his own now.
Well Ive been going back and forth on this one I take him up to 30 gal and he sits on the surface with his back out same way I have it now at 20 gal. I will do it when I put a minnow in to keep water cleaner hopefully. I'm not worried about the neoplex it's a 3 time treatment once a week.

in_the_seance

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2012
montana
20150809_174653.jpg
20150809_175106.jpg
Immediately nailed two minnows when they hit the water sucked the first one down so quick all I git was a blurry photo. Waited about 2 hrs then did a 100% wc.

Reactions: Siddons11
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store