Search results

1. K

A. ocellatus vs H. cyanoguttatus?!

Both are excellent fish- congrats to you for sure. Keep the pics coming I am sure many others want to see more as I do.
  2. K

anyone with monster pike pictures

A nice looking bruiser for sure!
  3. K

Are these the Crenicichla Cincta?

Very nice pickup! Good luck with them.
  4. K

Gold Saum and Jack Dempsey

But with current stocking once they start reaching sexual maturity poo wont be the biggest worry. Unless you get lucky however and that can rarely happen too.
  5. K

Convict Sex

And many might say that breeding that young will stunt the growth too.
  6. K

Wallago - Probably Exaggerated ... impressive nevertheless

Looks like cinder blocks for the lid over the aquarium and thick gloves when feeding lol! But never having kept one I wouldnt imagine its care much different from the other super size monster cats.
  7. K

Sometimes I really hate Clown Loaches

Sorry for your loss, I only use pvc pipe pieces and clay pots for decoration. my 2 CL's will go in and sometimes lay on their sides. When noticed they "jump up" and continue to go about their business. They have been doing this some many months - every so often I'll walk by and see it. What that...
  8. K

RARE : Leucistic Red Tail Catfish

The cats and gar are awesome. Too bad they are so expensive (most likely) and the fact my lfs will most likely not ever have any until say.... 2021! lol
  9. K

Couple of Mable Pims? (to confirm)

Nice looking juvi cats - good luck with them.
  10. K

big catfish what have a slow grow rate?

I have seen a ripsaw cat at the lfs for nearly a year in what must be a 150gal tank and not gain anysize its only about 6inches. They must be very slow growers- the store feeds and cares for them as they should or maybe they accidentally got a dwarf variety.
  11. K

Which is the most aggressive SA/CA cichlid in your experience/opinion?

I say just about any half way aggressive cichlid defending its tank/spawn is the most aggressive at times. Especially when people just dump in a new fish into an established tank with territorys.... Usually the fish thats home is gonna put a beating on the newbie - not everytime tho. But from...
  12. K

90gallon mbuna...

Hmm I would wait for those Kenyi to get fully mature... with that group for tank mates they will get very rough. I think Kenyi are some mean as hell but nice looking fish.
  13. K

What kind of rocks in malawi tank??

Persoanlly I avoid lace rock and lava rock - the bits of food and waste that get stuck in it wont do much to help the BB. In fact it'll only harm the water over time. Theres enough stuff going on in the sand/gravel and filter media you dont need to try and make "live rock". If the tank gets...
  14. K

30g stocking? Malawi?

Yeah I think its best to skip Malawi and go for a Tang setup. Could go with 2 colonys of shellies possibly if you use a divider maybe? Or a colony of a Julidichromis type like transcriptus or gombi maybe.
  15. K

Uaru update

Very nice Uaru, I would like some. But the last time I saw them locally they were 39.99 for 2-4 juvis. Someday I may order some.
  16. K

anyone know what he is?

A very cute deformed hybrid. I agree to keep it on the character factor!
  17. K

marble cats

Suche beautiful cats when small or large - so easy to their popularity.
  18. K

Charlie The Oscar..

Great looking Oscar, mine seems to be the shrinking violet kind. Always skulking about and acting like a scared schoolgirl at times. But thats just the way it is they can be so different personality wise. I just need to find something mine likes to draw his personality out a bit more.
  19. K

Just got a Pair of Black Belts !

Anymore going on there? Its normal for them to go thru behavior like that before spawning - they have to test each other a bit basically. Looks like they could be a nice pair, just get a good divider and then see how they react to each other over time. Being separated (If they were truly a pair...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store