Search results

1. 8

Wheres Dr Joe? Winter feeding question

Thanks guys. It might also help to let you all know I keep food producing fish in my pond. Not koi or gold fish. I dont think bass and catfish eat algae. What might they eat small quantitys of that is simmilar to wheat germ based food?
  2. 8

Wheres Dr Joe? Winter feeding question

Seems like Joe hasnt been on in months. Is he ok? Anywho, I seem to remember almost zero feeding last winter. I know its temp dependent. Can someone remind me of the temps and feeding frequency? Is it ok to feed again if the temp briefly rises to the ok to feed temp? I seem to remember 45...
  3. 8

Is Hydrogen peroxide effective against string algae?

how will softening the water effect the fish? I have bass and catfish
  4. 8

I used it with minimal effects and they all survived. That was about 1 cup per 100 gallons
  5. 8

My pond is less than a year old, but want a quick remedy for string algae. Thanks
  6. 8

string algy help

thanks
  7. 8

string algy help

Thanks. Any idea where to get that stuff?
  8. 8

string algy help

Is the SAB the same as algae fix?
  9. 8

Winter feeding, or not?

what about the fluxuation? Its been getting below 50 and then it will warm up again. do I feed when it gets warm again?
  10. 8

Winter feeding, or not?

it rarely gets below freezing. only a few days a ear. IM in south Texas. its 2 feet deep, turnover is about 1.5 times an hour
  11. 8

Winter feeding, or not?

Thanks guys. appreciate the help
  12. 8

Winter feeding, or not?

When should I stop/slow down feeding? Should I completely stop feeding at some point? How long can fish go without food in cold water. Temps are fluxuating alot right now. I have a catfish and some bass in a 500 gallon pond. Thanks
  13. 8

Pond stocking and cycling questions for my particular pond

there already is a water fall there. Its on the back right corner. The dark spot:)
  14. 8

Pond stocking and cycling questions for my particular pond

The cat didnt get the crappie. I did some finish landscaping over the weekend too. They seem to be eating well (salad shrimp)
  15. 8

Treating for mouth rot?

Thanks. I agree. I'll use what I have
  16. 8

Treating for mouth rot?

added enough salt to treat 100 gallons and the tank is a 125. I didnt desolve it. are you supposed to disolve it?
  17. 8

Treating for mouth rot?

amonia and nitrites are zero
  18. 8

Treating for mouth rot?

they are spotted bass or guadalupe bass. Not sure which. Where can I get Maracyn? Whats the dosage?
  19. 8

Treating for mouth rot?

all I really have for a hospital tank is a bath tub. would that work? I wouldnt be able to view him well though
  20. 8

Treating for mouth rot?

Thanks. I'll check, but I bypassed the bio filter when I treated. Will they eat readilly in a hospital tank? Hes not really eating again. More like maybe tasting something and spitting it out, if he even looks at it :(
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store