Search results

1. Ash

For Sale  240gal

240gal Oceanview GLASS aquarium, this is not acrylic. 8ft x 2ft x 2ft. It’s a long tank. Holds water (see picture). Tank, Stand and Canopy only. Tank has 2 glass braces on the top. Unfortunately we don’t have the ability to keep up with it anymore. You must be able to pick up and bring your own...
  2. Ash

Help choosing sand for the tank

This is in one of my old tanks. I have an orange/red mix too. You got some good suggestions going in here, hopefully you will find what works for you!
  3. Ash

I never bought the quartz online usually picked it up at a warehouse or distributer. It’s quartz that’s used to mix in the concrete when they build pools. 3M used to make it, then permacolor, color quartz and Estes. It’s usually $25 for a 50lb bag. Their websites usually list where you can buy...
  4. Ash

I would personally recommend looking into color quartz as a sand. I ve been using it for years. It’s easy to clean and doesn’t get into your filtration and if it gets kicked up at all it sinks right back down, no floating sand. Lots of colors to pick from too. Honestly best investment for...
  5. Ash

All male Peacock tank, how much work is it?

I used to have an all male peacock tank (mixed species). I had them in a 55g then moved to 75g. I had 6 of them and never had any issues with them fighting. Obviously this will always vary. Make sure you have enough hiding places and have the line of sight broken up in several areas. As for...
  6. Ash

Help: New fish refusing to eat

Let him out to explore, he won’t adjusted being seperated. He may nibble on things when your not watching and will have a better shot freely swimming around and fully adjusting. You can offer a little food every other day and take it from there. Just give the fish time to come around, it’s ok if...
  7. Ash

What are some of your go to pellet foods?

anddddd thread done, thank you all and good night ‍♀
  8. Ash

What are some of your go to pellet foods?

Disagreement is fine but you all need to cut this back and fourth or I am closing the thread. There’s an ignore button, it’s a beautiful thing.....
  9. Ash

How difficult is it to breed Frontosa?

I used to breed a colony of Kigomas. I started off with 20 2-3” fish. It took about 2 1/2 years to get them to breeding size and 3 years before I had my first fry. A few males were 7-8 inches while my females were 4-6 inches. As they grew I started to weed out and sell off the males. I had a...
  10. Ash

Frontosa

Note: I wouldn’t recommend or bother with anything under 55gal
  11. Ash

Frontosa

The 15 gallon won’t work. I used a 30gal for 1 inch fry and they outgrew that very quickly and went to a 55 which they also outgrew quickly and then went in with a few larger fronts in my 150gal. They all got a long fine!
  12. Ash

FINALLY some babies...now what?

That’s fantastic! I ve always tried different things to get my chi kids to breed. If they breed I just keep going with that routine because there are so many variables that could have triggered it. I ve always fed my fry crushed pellets. I just make sure to stay on top of food siphons (I did at...
  13. Ash

African Cichlid Tank pH & hardness problems

Just an echo but yes you need to focus on the nitrates. Don't bother with buffering your pH you will just cause it to swing more and cause more harm then good. There are plenty of fish that are not wild caught that are in lower pH tanks and have done fine. I would be more concerned about my...
  14. Ash

California bans SeaWorld from breeding Orca

Sorry if it came across like that, it wasn't my intention. Those are the theories I know. Many go with genetics from using the same breeding male, but I don't think enough research has been done to prove muh.
  15. Ash

NEVER release an aquarium fish into the wild.

pretty much everything in Miami area was flooded, blown apart or leveled :/ that store was no different. Beats me how it worked out but apparently it did. Same way some aquaculture fish some how managed to get into canals from storms
  16. Ash

No it was across from the beach when hurricane Andrew hit beach front was flooded out and the winds and surge busted up a lot of the property's. The glass busted and everything washed into the flooded area it wouldn't be hard to be washed down to the beach at that point. Most of those shops on...
  17. Ash

The fish down here tend to get out competed for resources. Basically the natives lose out on food, shelter and breeding grounds competing with the natives. There's not much they can do. Some adapt to it and adjust to a new niche others just compete until it's gone if they are stuck in a pond...
  18. Ash

The tag option is nice, I am very busy twins and work keeps one pretty occupied. I don't have an answer as my understanding there's still arguments going on over it. Its seen in the wild but rarely and not as much as in captivity. Some research points to genetics and using the same male for...
  19. Ash

Venus Fly Trap

Replicate fl.... hot, humid and moist. People here plant them in raised beds or large pots and let them go. A lot of light and humidity. There Pretty neat. One of the ones I saw had a fly in it but it didn't trigger :/ I am sure it's neat to see though.
  20. Ash

Yes natural is obviously better but I am not aware of it having been done in captivity with orcas, whales don't really breed well in captivity just as some of the fish we keep don't either. Some animals just need specific environments and/or environmental ques. I don't doubt a lot of bulls do...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store