675g tank Cichlid & Panaque tank

Fish Eat Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2007
Mankato
Consider me subscribed! It's nice to see some monster tanks still popping up. How many cichlids are you planning for that thing?!?

Reactions: Stone Like Fish

Kostas G

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2015
Athens, Greece
www.vivapharm.gr
The tank after brushing and sanding all the rust off the metal base, two hands of minium, one of PU paint, a thorough clean up of the inside of the tank and resealing the bottom for added safety(tank is 6-7years old)

The tank will be setup as a breeding tank for Panaque L27 "Araguaia", Baryancistrus L81, Leporacanthicus L240 'Special', Trachelyoprterus insignis, Megalechis thoracata, Platydoras costatus, Cryptoheros nanoluteus(a beautiful small cichlid) and maybe Pseudacanthicus L25. The other inhabitants will be medium-large central and South American cichlids, as they are in my 2meter tank. They cohabit peacefully with my catfish, no bitings. They all are big pets...including the Panaque!

The cichlids will be(most all have been living in my 2 meter tank the past year)
1 Aequidens rivulatus(female)
1 Hypsophrys nicaraguensis(male)
1 Herrichthys cyanogutattus(male)
1 Cichlasoma salvini(female)
1 Heros aequifasciatus "Rotkeil"
2 Herotilapia multispinosa(pair)
2 Cryptoheros nanoluteus(pair)
2 Mesonauta insignis(pair)

I might add:
1 Hypselecara temporalis
1 Hoplarchus psittacus
1 Vieja synspila

Are these too many for the 3 meter tank? I want it relatively low stock and i think it might be better not to add the above too but would like your opinion

How I intend to setup the stones in the tank:

And here is the sump

The setup is behind of schedule due to difficulties in getting the sump under the tank and due to the main pump of my 2meter tank, failing this weekend...Lost all weekend watching over the fish....

Stone Like Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Grab a cup, people! This is going to be good!

Reactions: knobhill

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
So this tank is glass? Or acrylic?

Kostas G

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2015
Athens, Greece
www.vivapharm.gr
Emptied the aquarium, dressed the aquarium base glass with 4mm HDPE and slate above as a solid base for the rock work

Pilates in the aquarium... :D

:)

I trial filled the sump...

No leaks thankfully!

I got the Sieve filters that I had ordered

I glued the HDPE and slate on the bottom using Aquarium Munster Orca Underwater Glue, made part of one of the sump return lines to conceal it beneath the rock work, smothened part of the granite rockwork and added it in the aquarium but did not glued it due to lack of epoxy

Today, I smoothened the rest of the rockwork and added it to the aquarium. No epoxy yet, so nothing glued yet

On Monday, I will go looking for epoxy and polypropylene parts for the overflow and return lines

I love my L27s, they are great fish full of personality!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store