675g tank Cichlid & Panaque tank

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Very nice!!!!

Have you considered adding a background before you epoxy the boulders and add the substrate?

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
Can't wait to see it with the fish in there awesome tank so jealous

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
A textured background like plastic, epoxy or styrofoam inside the tank? The Panaque would make short work of it showing its true colors.
I use universal rocks backgrounds and they have stood up well with a Royal pleco I've had. I use a simple one that is flat and glued to the back. I have it in all three of my tanks. Just a suggestion.

Kostas G

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2015
Athens, Greece
www.vivapharm.gr
That is interesting Rob. I checked them out and they look quite nice! I think they may be making them with coloured plastic and that is why you don't see fading of the color from the Panaque, otherwise they chew them white no matter wether the objects are edible or not. They do take up a bit of space and mainly to keep my Panaque from chewing on plastic, i think i will avoid plastic backgrounds even though these ones are really attractive and well made.

Should i add a background at all? Would it look more natural with a black background(outside) or with no background? Or with another type of background? What do you think?

Reactions: mrrobxc

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
That is interesting Rob. I checked them out and they look quite nice! I think they may be making them with coloured plastic and that is why you don't see fading of the color from the Panaque, otherwise they chew them white no matter wether the objects are edible or not. They do take up a bit of space and mainly to keep my Panaque from chewing on plastic, i think i will avoid plastic backgrounds even though these ones are really attractive and well made.

Should i add a background at all? Would it look more natural with a black background(outside) or with no background? Or with another type of background? What do you think?
The ones I use in two of my tanks are flat sheets that take up negligible room. If you decide not to go with the universal rocks, I would at least do a black background by either painting the back or attaching the black film they sell at the LFS.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Here's the one I have in a 150. It's literally a plastic sheet. Very hard plastic coated in sand.

image.jpeg

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Is it coated in sand? Or made with plastic to feel like its rough? Thats interesting and it looks very nice in your tank!
It feels like it is coated in sand. The backside of the sheet is completely plastic and appears that it was poured from a liquid origjnally.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store