675g tank Cichlid & Panaque tank

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
Thank you all :)

What always kept me away from plastic backgrounds is this, that Panaque damage anything plastic and thus eat things they shouldn't. Also, plastic surfaces leach monomers which aren't the best.

From what i found about this background, its made from safe plastic PolyUrea outside and PolyUrethane inside. PolyUrea is quite tough and supposedly very difficult to scratch. They also don't use colors but rocks and sands for coloring the backgrounds.

Is the background abrasive like sandpaper, or does it feel like sand but not overly rough?
I read more on their website and there does is a chance its made with sand on the outside, for colouring and texture. Quite interesting.

It comes out at around 1000$ for my tank but they don't ship outside the US. I do i am interested in using it though

Still, might be best going with a black background outside the tank, just to not have more plastics than necessary inside?
This background would help with the rocks i have inside to give a more uniform look and help conceal a return pipe that passes on the right rear corner. Plastic is still plastic though, and more plastic than necessary, with a massive surface area. Still struggling to decide between natural looks and purely natural decorations, but i think going with natural decoration is better/healthier even if its difficult to make the tank look as impressive.

Would a black background outside be advantageous or a printed photo of a Rio Xingu underwater biotope, which would be the same theme as the tank?
Have you looked at Lee nuttels YouTube channel, he is one of the best in the world at doing biotope themed tanks, great for getting ideas on aquascaping, YouTube name is lee1976n

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
I saw in some of this Lee guys tanks he had a yellowish bg, that's a pretty natural look and would be nice with the right décor

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
Have you looked at Lee nuttels YouTube channel, he is one of the best in the world at doing biotope themed tanks, great for getting ideas on aquascaping, YouTube name is lee1976n
This x10000, his tanks are incredible

W3ish3ng

Feeder Fish
Oct 11, 2016
Nice setup! Can you share with us how will you be plumbing the sieve filter to the tank? Will also be insterested to know what pump you will be running.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store