08TRDOFFROAD's 45 Gallon Build

mos90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2009
rome,ny
pesonally ive never had a problem with losing syphon. lifereef make some really nice overflow guarenteed never to break syphon. ive had 1 for 8 months never a problem. eshopps overflows are basicaly the same design.

08trdoffroad

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2009
Utah, USA
Since you mentioned them, I have been digging online, and found the lifereef and Eshopps. Dropping on of those on and plumbing it would definitely be easier than draining and drilling the tank.

Melevsreef.com had a good write up installing a HOB overflow as well! I definitely will have to look into it some more!

mos90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2009
rome,ny
i have a 1200gph eshopps im going to use on my 125. all u need to do is ovesrsize your pump some and add a ball valve for flow control. all u need to do is set the flow so your inner box water level is down from the teeth about 1/2" .

08trdoffroad

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2009
Utah, USA
I am looking at an Eshopps PF-300 for $45.59, it is rated for 300 gph, which I think would be more than enough for my tank.

The other option would be a Lifereef nano for $119.00, it is rated for 400 gph....They look really really nice, but they are more than double the cost of the Eshopps!

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Holy Moly Batman! This is crazy...i like the rock work for the most part...could be a lil funkier, but it looks stable, lots of places for corals, swim throughs, fairly open to keep detritus suspended. Im eager to see how it turns out, with 300w of MH you should have more than enough light!

08trdoffroad

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2009
Utah, USA
FLESHY;5120634; said:
Holy Moly Batman! This is crazy...i like the rock work for the most part...could be a lil funkier, but it looks stable, lots of places for corals, swim throughs, fairly open to keep detritus suspended. Im eager to see how it turns out, with 300w of MH you should have more than enough light!
I couldn't be happier with the lighting! You should see the insane growth I am already seeing in my green birdsnest frag!

I just need to get the flow figured out now. My two K4's were way too much. I am now debating between two K-nano 425's or two K2's or saving for a MP10.

TMartinez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
Mandarin, Fl
Very nice tank man. I like the rock alot.

I personally like the koralia's as I use them. The Vortech's are sweet but wicked pricy...

08trdoffroad

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2009
Utah, USA
TMartinez;5122448; said:
Very nice tank man. I like the rock alot.

I personally like the koralia's as I use them. The Vortech's are sweet but wicked pricy...
I am pretty happy with the rock myself! Marco Rocks is some great stuff!

Yeah, I found a package of 2 Koralia's on fleebay for $50. The MP10 is around $250.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store