1.5 days with the new Motoro

Freshwater Tim

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2009
Surrey,B.C. Canada
Day 5

Moving around quite freely at night now!
Went out into the back yard and dug up some earthworms. Cleaned them and put one right infront of him....he ignored it for awhile then literally pounced on it! :)
I tried giving him another but didn't realize that he was still munching on the first one as it was pretty big! The threadfins ate up the other two that I put in there.
Fist time I have seen him eat in the middle of the day!
WooHoo
Still spends all the hours of the day buried...but I think me and my new ray are on the right path.

aprime11b

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2011
Oregon to Florida
Freshwater Tim;5028024; said:
Was it active right away? If not...how long before he started moving around?
I would say active on day 2. Looks like its going to be a good ray, activity wise. Feeding is still an experiment. I bought bloodworms, krill and silverslides.

mshill90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2009
Mechanicsburg, PA
I got in 2 WC motoros a little over a month ago, and it took a week for them to warm up... they now eat anything and everything I give them including pellets, and they surf the return of the filter like crazy!

I've even been half successful hand feeding the male.

mshill90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2009
Mechanicsburg, PA
aprime11b;5039109; said:
what all are you feeding it? mine only takes bloodworms. tried a silverslide tonight but it didnt take it. I dont have any sinking pellets, only algae wafers.
Worms, frozen krill, frzn silversides, massivore (soaked in warm water), and shrimp pellets.

Freshwater Tim

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2009
Surrey,B.C. Canada
Mine will take blood worms...when nobody is lookin....she ate that one earthworm....but hasnt eaten anything today...yet.She wont even look at the sinking carnivore pellets....

I have put a nightlight of sorts under the tank that directs light into the tank through a bare spot in the sand that the powerhead makes. Tonight I am going to try some small sliced up shrimp and bloodworms. Tomorrow I will go to the bait shop and pick up some worms.
She is still VERY shy. I sneak up on her in the middle of the night to catch a glimps.....I know she is out cruising around at night....but as soon as she sees me, or a light comes on...she scoots back to her spot under the root and buries herself and during the day.......... she stays buried.

I am at the point of getting rid of all the other fish in the tank and just having the ray.....but in doing that it is kinda like a point of no return. I hope she will start swimming around a bit instead of only moving a cpl inches...and doing THAT when I am not looking!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store