1100G ~ Finally!

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
Everything looks awesome . Quick question . Do you just drop the tiles in butted up against each other or do you seal them together ?
For the floor tile, I just dropped them in/ layed them on the bottom. They are in there very tight. Due to the shape of then tank an triangular overflows, I had to use a tile saw to cut them for a perfect fit.

The wall tiles are sealed with Eco bond adhesive. so far, so good with that product.

Reactions: Freshwater4Life

Freshwater4Life

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2015
VB
For the floor tile, I just dropped them in/ layed them on the bottom. They are in there very tight. Due to the shape of then tank an triangular overflows, I had to use a tile saw to cut them for a perfect fit.

The wall tiles are sealed with Eco bond adhesive. so far, so good with that product.
Awesome thanks for info. Yea like I said before looks great and has me wanting to do something similar to my 220. Just didn't wanna have to seal it or something more permanent along those lines . The background looks great too.

Reactions: knobhill

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
This is an awesome setup. So jealous!

Great taste in fish as well. Those pikes are amazing. Very hard to find. Thanks!

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA

Just posted a video on YouTube. Not sure how to embed it in a post.
Sick tank! I'm glad you kept those pikes. Those are rare and you may be just but a handful of people keeping them. Mbu is sick too. What a tank.

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
Sick tank! I'm glad you kept those pikes. Those are rare and you may be just but a handful of people keeping them. Mbu is sick too. What a tank.
Thanks! Your thread inspired me to take some footage today. The mbu is the newest addition, he hangs out under the floating plants and I slip him a shrimp or 2 every time I go in there. He has a ways to go before becoming a beast: "only" about 10" long.

Reactions: mrrobxc and M@T!@$

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
And yeah, I REALLY wanted to add a zebrina and Tapajos pikes to the tank. However, the seller wouldn't budge and neither would I! I was probably asking for trouble by adding them anyways. I'm very jealous of your zebrina mrrobxc mrrobxc !

Reactions: mrrobxc

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
And yeah, I REALLY wanted to add a zebrina and Tapajos pikes to the tank. However, the seller wouldn't budge and neither would I! I was probably asking for trouble by adding them anyways. I'm very jealous of your zebrina mrrobxc mrrobxc !
I'm from Torrance. If I was still there, I'd pick those Tapajos up. Your tank is big enough. The price is right. I highly encourage you to get them.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store