Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsled

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2010
crestline, california
jmcmanus5;4541136; said:
WARNING, this post is all opinion. Not being a dick, just felt like throwing this out there:

Hmm...I have a feeling that the OP isn't excited here.

With those kind of cichlids, the dovii at that size should hold his own or even be big enough now to rule the tank, but as soon as you get a spawn, he could be toast. And if not, when he gets a little bigger, your other fish in there are gonna be expensive feeders.

The dovii is the kind of fish that is interesting enough to be alone. The OP obviously cares for the fish enough to know what is best for him, and I have a feeling that it isn't with those others.
exactly my concern here!!!! you have a pair of guapotes and a texas who i am sure has his own territory, plus most guapotes tend to scrap with their own kind so an established texas might be okay but throw in one more??? with no territory of his own??? can a dovii handle the cichlid species you have?? i am quite sure... but this is a pair and the rules change. sorry bro but i said a GOOD home. i will have to think on this one. cant find dovii's in san diego? i have seen them for sale in Fountains of le mesa and at Pet kingdom over by the sports arena. San diego usually is a wealth of hard to find species. also you can try san diego tropical fish society i think they still meet at balboa park.

tigerjace

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 5, 2006
SoCal
I have a 470 gal (120" x 30" x 30") and would love to take him. Residents: two 18" silver aro's, one 7" GT, and 6" royal pleco. I would love to take your fish but you're a bit far from 91745. Any chance you coming out this way any time soon, maybe meet half way?

jasen 626.340.9523

Fish on Fire

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Visalia/Berkeley, California
tigerjace;4542874; said:
I have a 470 gal (120" x 30" x 30") and would love to take him. Residents: two 18" silver aro's, one 7" GT, and 6" royal pleco. I would love to take your fish but you're a bit far from 91745. Any chance you coming out this way any time soon, maybe meet half way?

jasen 626.340.9523
Hope the dovii is a more mellow fellow than what we're used to seeing.

devilsled

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2010
crestline, california
tigerjace;4542874; said:

jasen 626.340.9523
now this is what im talking about!!! what city are you in??? looks like a glendora / west covina area code. if that's the case we can meet in ontario or someplace like that. my cell 909-273-4083 i am a little concerned for your gt though. would like to see a pic of the tank... maybe you can send it to my phone? then we can make arrangements to do this

devilsled

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2010
crestline, california
surfpalmsncycads;4542786; said:
ill take another dovii but your in crestline! thats a lil bit of a drive
i only have the one dovii when hes gone hes gone!! what is your tank size and what are the tank mates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store