180 gallon stocking. What would you do?

Nigelk8485

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2014
Louisville, KY
I just went on aqadvisor and did 3 of the redhead geophagus, one chocolate cichlid, 3 blue acaras, and 5 bosemani rainbowfish. Sound good? I also did another tank that is an all male peacock/hab tank with one of about 10 species and 5 catfish, I forget which ones I did. So I'll play around with those ideas for awhile.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
I would do a south/central american cichlid tank with

2 x red dot severums.
4 x Firemouths or Pasionis
6 x Honduran Red Points both blue and platinum
2 x electric blue accara

virgil2090

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2011
NJ
I never keep geos yet but I read that they do better in groups of 4 or more.you could try 6 red head geos,1 chocolate, 1 severum(many kinds) 1 blue acara

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Burbotman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2006
Canada
do you want natives or tropicals?

My suggestions on every "what stock do i get" post is...bichirs or pickerels haha.

bichirs are just fun fish to watch, I'm trying to find a way to set up a tank for some currently.

and pickerels are just fun little fish. not real active alot but if you take the time to properly quarantine and prepare good healthy feeder fish for them, they are fun to watch feed haha.
I like your thinking. You can never go wrong with a tank full of bichirs. What are the dimensions on the 150? If you lose the 24" width it will limit some of your species options

Nigelk8485

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2014
Louisville, KY
I've decided to go with a single large showcase fish, four firemouths, then some schools of like ten swordtails, and ten buenos aires tetras.

For the single large though I'm having some trouble choosing one. Basically I've been going back and forth between a green Texas cichlid (herichthys carpintis), the regular Texas cichlid (herichthys cyanoguttatus), a tiger oscar (a. Ocellatus), or a jack Dempsey (cichlasoma octofasciatum).m

Anyone kept any of these and had good luck long term with tank mates? And which do you think exhibits the most personality?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store