2 NGT's..

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
so its called trying to help out a Friend when you know chances are 2 NGT in the same tank of simulator size probably wont work and one may end up dead

NGT are not like other tigers that just fight NGT fight to the death

would you be help[ping out a Friend if put his super red Asian aro in with your red belly piranha to help him out it may work but you wont know until you try no matter how many people say it wont work

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
It has been proven it can work. I had 3 for a year no problems. He was just trying to fatten it up what ever it takes.
It also has proven to be disastrous. But it looked like it was on it's last legs anyway.

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
so its called trying to help out a Friend when you know chances are 2 NGT in the same tank of simulator size probably wont work and one may end up dead

would you be help[ping out a Friend if put his super red Asian aro in with your red belly piranha to help him out it may work but you wont know until you try no matter how many people say it wont work

since I still have some sort of respect for you even though your increasingly crappy attitude is starting to grind me a bit I'll try to be somewhat polite.. don't just assume I was dropped as a child.. I've kept dats successfully for some years now if you would've bothered to look me up before trying to shoot me down.. there was not a single scratch on the NGT and I slept next to that tank last night because my sister and her 2 kids are visiting and are using my bed.. there was no fighting and as I stated the fish in the 2D NGTs' stomach was totally intact, showing no signs of having spent 20 hours in another fishs' stomach.. THAT leading me to think the digestion of the fish just stopped after a year of starvation.. and I suspect those fish killed him basically from the inside as he was unable to even hunt for himself..

I hope that clarified the matter.. yes, I took a calculated risk with a dying fish since there is a total of 4 or 5 in in my country.. I couldn't save it but atleast I gave it a try.. and shove your martyr "that's what you guys wan't to hear".. say what you want, respect others' opinions and you'll get the same respect right back.. just a friendly advice.. :)

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
It has been proven it can work. I had 3 for a year no problems. He was just trying to fatten it up what ever it takes.
It also has proven to be disastrous. But it looked like it was on it's last legs anyway.
thanks man.. I understand you guys on the island where the market is a little different.. you can afford passing up certain deals that I can't.. I think the biggest tig over here is like 25-30cm and we have a total of like 10? haha.. well, it just takes more (patience) being mfk over here.. even if the money is good the fish just don't exist..

xlnzen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2007
Sweden

I think i havn't read a single positive comment from you on these forums, exept your posts about your own fish. If you really are that bitter, stay off the forums. Just had to log in and say this.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
maybe thats because i have been keeping tigers for 10 years a lot longer than anyone else

it may also be as i havent lost a tiger in that 10 years apart from transporting large ones
or maybe i have never had any problems IDing any tiger because i resurched them before buying
or have never had a problem getting any tiger onto pellets because i stick to my rule eat or die

i have mixed 2 NGT in the same tank and it works ok when they are different sizes but the small one will catch up to the larger one in size then war will brake out

you can take this advice or ignore it thats up to you

xlnzen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2007
Sweden
I have no doubts about that you know what you are doing, and since this is a forum you can have your opinions. But there is so many ways to tell someone that what they are doing is right or wrong. The comment doesnt have to be negative and degrading. Why not post constructive criticism instead, people might listen to that better.

It doesn't matter if you have kept tigers for 20 years and want to share your knowledge if you do it by looking down at people. They will NOT listen....

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I have no doubts about that you know what you are doing, and since this is a forum you can have your opinions. But there is so many ways to tell someone that what they are doing is right or wrong. The comment doesnt have to be negative and degrading. Why not post constructive criticism instead, people might listen to that better.

It doesn't matter if you have kept tigers for 20 years and want to share your knowledge if you do it by looking down at people. They will NOT listen....
i dont look down at people what pisses me off is people dont look at past threads before posting new threads

ALL the info needed is already on this forum if you just look like how to ID or pellet train people are just to dam lazy to do some resurch before they buy the fish

xlnzen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2007
Sweden
It seems to me that you felt that by trying to help a friend by taking his/her fish to try to get it feeding ettfett did something wrong. Yes, it is known that NGT's dont mix well with other NGT, or with other tigers in many cases. But still, there are also many aquariums where people successfully mix all kinds of fish that should kill each other, but doesn't.

As for all the how to get on pellets, what tiger is this, is this a ST, etc... I know what you mean. But in this, and other threads i still feel that you are too harsh in your statements. As stated earlier, there is many ways to tell people if you feel they did something stupid.

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
i dont look down at people what pisses me off is people dont look at past threads before posting new threads

ALL the info needed is already on this forum if you just look like how to ID or pellet train people are just to dam lazy to do some resurch before they buy the fish
so you are just ignoring the fact I knew exactly what risks I took by mixing them which should be pretty clear from the first post.. another really annoying thing on forums is when people don't read the thread and just start flaming away.. I'm writing the freaking article on dats over here.. I know what I'm doing.. have you seen ME mis-ID a dat, or asking how to get them on pellets? have you seen ME doing any of the things that pisses you of? if not you should be a little more apologetic.. I wasn't saying "will this work?" I was saying "I'm doing this, I'm aware of the risks and I'm hoping to save this fish that is more or less dead anyways".. don't avoid the subject by generalizing.. you came down on me without knowing shi/, just assuming things that pissed you of.. you'll give yourself a heart attack if you get angry before even knowing what you're angry at.. haha..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store